BRAKE WARNING LIGHT

waldobrush

Feb 2003 purchased an 2000 Accord LX, resonably low milage (42,000) and "certified". Bought the Honda Care extended warrenty too! No real problems, but ...

1. The tranny seems to have a soft "bump" when shifting up, dealers all say this is normal ... "normal?" my '91 with 207,000 doesnt do it, and still on the original trans, clean filter and fluid every 50,000.

2. The "SRS" light came on and went off on numberious occasions, never when in the shop, then one day it came on and stayed on vdealer wanted $75.00 to check it out and said it would probably cost 125.00 if it was what he thought it was ... a seat restraint switch (can you say "seat belt?"). Seems that problem is an undisclosed re-call item repaired at no cost, driver's side belt switch, could also have been air bag problem ... same deal!

3. SINCE WE HAVE HAD THE CAR THE BRAKE WARNING LIGHT HAS BEEN COMMING ON. AT FIRST ONLY ON COLD MORNINGS, 65 OR LESS (this is Florida you know and that's cold for us.) FIRST HAPPPENED IN FEB OF 2003 AND THE DEALER SAID IT WAS A WORN OUT FLOAT OR FLOAT SENSOR IN THE MASTER CYLINDER ... $90.00 PLEASE, PASSED THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN COVERED UNDER THE "CERTIFIED TAG THAT COST ME $500.00" IT DOES GO OUT AFTER THE CAR GETS WARMED UP OF IF I TURN THE ENGINE OFF AND RE-START NOW IT COMES ON ALL THE TIME HOT OR COLD AND I HAVE RUN INTO A NUMBER OF OTHER OWNERS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. OF LATE IT HAS EVEN COME ON WHILE DRIVING AND THAT IS SCARRY AT 70 MPH ON THE EX-WAY. HONDA SAYS TOO BAD! I HAVE HAD THE BRAKES CHECKED BY DEALERS AND LOCAL SPECIALTY SHOPS AND ALL SAID PADS AND ROTORS AND DRUMS ARE FINE 20,000 OR BETTER LEFT, IT IS THE FLOAT IN THE MASTER CYLINDER.

Has any one else run into this problem? Is there a warrenty solution? Does this need to be run by the D.O.T. or the H.T.S. people.?

THANX AND A TIP OF THE HATLO HAT

WALDO

• 2 weeks later...

Archived