2005 ODYSSEY tranny problem...HELP

we got 42K on our 05 odyessy and now when we put it in reverse a LOUD scratching noise happens...just sent it in to HONDA and ther doin a 90$ diognosis...they said that ther is no recall on the tranny....i want to know if anyone has had this similar problem and cud tell me what to do ....thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...

i got a 99 odyssey and i had to replace my tranny cause it was doing the same thing and bucking...i went and they replaced my tranny also cause they had a recall..there is no way they should charge you 90 bucks for diagnosis because your tranny is still under warranty..let them know...and if you feel the need to replace it..tell them and they should replace it..there is no way you should be paying extra for a car thats pretty much brandnew and under warranty..be cool

I just had the tranny replaced on my 2002 Odyssey. It was diagnosed by the Honda dealer, and determined to be under warranty. We went round and round with Honda, and the warranty service deparmtent due to the fact that they wanted us to pay for the freight for the delivery of the new transmission. I thought that it was a LOAD OF BS! :mad:. I have never heard of such a thing.

Well I picked the car up from the service department, and as it turns out they never charged us for the freight on the transmission or the 50.00 deductible for our warranty. :laugh:

Ened up walking out only to pay 216.00 for the clamps, hoses, fluids, etc...

Now I'm satisified with the work, but still po'd that they were really going to try to make us pay for the friggin freight to deliver the tranny!

Archived