2006 Accord LX-SE - Stereo

Tensai

I recently bought a 2006 Accord LX-SE MT. It has a factory installed 6-disc in dash cd changer, but the stereo has no auxiliary inputs (that i can see). I would like to find a way to hook up an mp3 player or dvd player and have it play through the car's speaker system. I have tried using both an FM radio transmitter and an FM wired transmitter and was not impressed. Does anyone know of any way I can create this auxiliary line in?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I recently bought a 2006 Accord LX-SE MT. It has a factory installed 6-disc in dash cd changer, but the stereo has no auxiliary inputs (that i can see). I would like to find a way to hook up an mp3 player or dvd player and have it play through the car's speaker system. I have tried using both an FM radio transmitter and an FM wired transmitter and was not impressed. Does anyone know of any way I can create this auxiliary line in?

The iPod integrator by USA*SPEC is my recommendation for a clean, neat, and cable free iPod integration. It allows you to control your ipod through the steering wheel controls as well as from the iPod itself if you so choose. The USA*SPEC comes with an optional cable that allows you another AUX input.

If you already have XM radio (or a button that allows you to switch to XM) you already have an AUX input. XM radio uses the one AUX input in the Honda factory head unit. If you hate XM like I do you can simply purchase the USA*SPEC integrator and swap out the XM plug for the iPod plug. But if you want to make use of the AUX button on the head unit you need to purchase the optional cable so that you can take the one AUX input in the head unit and split it between the USA*SPEC and the other thing.

I hate XM so I simply swapped out the cable.

• 3 months later...
Hmm, any info on how to remove the actual factory radio so I can install the SNHond3?

You can use this link

http://www.handaaccessories.com/accord/06-accord-audio.pdf

to gain access to the underside of the 6disc player. I've got an '05 and by following these similar instructions to gain access, I was able to plug the SNHond3 into the port on the bottom of the player where an XM unit or the unit described in the link would go.

Hope this helps.

Archived