tranny

SamLach

hm ok, I probably forgot to mention that my civic is an automatic *ashamed*. So instead of all of those things that I should get that we were talking about earlier, should i just invest in a new tranny, cluch and all that crap? also is it difficult to pop a manual in an automatic car and make it work??

thanks alot

Sam

does it have the stock motor in it still? if so its a d series motor, a d15b7 to be exact, and if so try to get your hands on a zc tranny, better than an ex/si trans, but the ex/si trans is good too

oh really, comes with tranny? thats great, im oblivious to the whole engine buying thing =P. well thats great to know! I dont want a freaking porche in hatchback form lol..so 15 secs is def alright with me..i dont mind the price either 22 hundred i think it was, but no vtec :sad:

is it still a decent buy?

Oh alright i see what you mean. B18B1 definatly looks nice...not too far out of my price range either. I should probably just get a new motor first before i try to make my engine any better with different parts huh.

Just not sure that its a really good investment without vtec, but i dont really know, new to hondas

VTEC is nice, but it's not a godsend like most people think. I'd take a boosted B18B1 over a B18C1 with bolt-on's (most people would). B18B1 is a good platform and if you boost it later, you won't care if you have VTEC or not.

couldnt agree more hung.+1. and LMFAO at throw it in trunk of an integra for a 15 sec 1/4 , hahaha , awsome.

heres the B1 we got in my boys 96 hatch :

IMG_0513.jpg

no need for even that. you need any mount in your car that touches the tranny , out of a manual. pedal assembly. clutch master cylinder(slave should still be on tranny if not that too). axles out of a manual. shift linkage out of same generation manual. and a shiiit load of patience , lol.

Archived