Problems

sohcVTEC-E

I pulled my wheel off today to put some more trans fluid in my car and there was grease everywhere. I blew out a tierod end. Also, my trans is still acting really funky even after putting some more trans fluid in. Another thing I noticed today and in the past is I would start my car and immediately start driving (have the gas at about 45%-50%) and when I reach 2500 RPMs there is like a hesitation. I was thinking maybe its VTEC kicking in at an akward time causing a bad mixture... I dunno. My car is falling apart. I need my new trans.

my car does that too, more so since i put an intake on it , bucks a little when its cold(fights its fuel a bit). grease everywhere in wheel well eh? i bet thats not a tierod end if theres that much grease under there. check your CV boot on the greasy wheelwell. ill bet youl find somin bad , lol. i hope im wrong.

my car does that too, more so since i put an intake on it , bucks a little when its cold(fights its fuel a bit). grease everywhere in wheel well eh? i bet thats not a tierod end if theres that much grease under there. check your CV boot on the greasy wheelwell. ill bet youl find somin bad , lol. i hope im wrong.

Id say CV boot too, if the rubber has gone hard and started to feel like plastic then it could be pulling away from the edge in cornering, yet look fine (no splits ect)

worth a second look.

I'll pull the wheel off right now... the CV joint is holding grease. Its squishy and I can squeeze it and no grease comes out. The lower ball joint seems to be the culprit. There is grease ALL over the top of it... I don't know though. Maybe the CV joint is leaking little by little and its just accumulating on the top of the lower ball joint...

Archived