H22A & F20B

BULL3TPR00F

When i get my 1995 Acura Integra GS-R, I want to swap the engine out for either a H22a, or F20b. But i have a few questions. First of all, would these engines fit in the teg, and if so, what year engine would fit? Secondly, just appearance-wise, the two engines look nearly identical, and i was wondering, whats the major differences between the two engines? (I know the F20b has about 200hp and can handle around 7psi of boost, but I'm not sure about the H22a).

i've heard the f20 has a indestructable top end and the h22 has an indestructable bottom end.....to bad u can't put those 2gether.

Wow, this is the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile. You are seriously thinking about swapping out a B18C1 in favor of an H22? Do you realize that the B18C1 could be built to a 500whp daily driver? Not to mention the money of the swap alone could put the B18C1 at over 300whp.

Well the engine has a little over 210 000km on it, and I was talking with one of my boys the other day and he was saying how an H22a engine could kill a GS-R, and it got me thinkin, so I came here for info.

And yes Hung has a good point. I didn't really think about that since money isnt really an issue.

If anyone else has anythin to say, that wud b great.

In my opinion, a built GSR or a built H22 with turbo, I'd take the build GSR. Since you already have the powerplant and the money isn't an object, then do a full build on the B18C1 with a custom turbo setup. A built B18C1 has everybit as much potential as an H22 if not more.

Wow, this is the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile. You are seriously thinking about swapping out a B18C1 in favor of an H22? Do you realize that the B18C1 could be built to a 500whp daily driver? Not to mention the money of the swap alone could put the B18C1 at over 300whp.

The B18c1 and H22 are pretty similar as far as tuning capabilities go. The H22 just makes more power and torque stock..

Actually, with the going rate of H22s and B18C1s, you could pick up an H22 + 5spd for what you could sell the B18 motor alone for, about $2k. And.. I don't know how you could bump the B18c1 up to 300whp for $2k.. please explain..

You might aswell stick with the B18 because you already have it in the car, but it's pretty even with the B18, just a little cheaper. You will save a hell of a lot of time and headaches by not swapping, though. Both have similar capabilites.

The B18C1 can hold 9-10 psi on the stock motor with a good tune. How much boost you run depends on how much work you do. With upgraded injectors, fuel pump, fuel rail, sleeves, rods, forged pistons, dropped compression, a built head, and a damn good tune you can run upwards of 25 psi.

I could build a turbo kit for around 2 grand. Might cost a couple hundred over that to get it tuned, but 2 grand give or take a hundred could turbo a B18C1 with 9psi and a good enough setup to reach around 300whp. Just depends if you want to spend the time to look for the best deals on each part of the turbo setup.

Actually as far as that goes, I had a topic awhile back about a setup I could piece together for around a grand to turbo my gsr. It would be running 8psi and I know a guy who could tune it with crome or neptune for pretty cheap. Wouldn't be 300whp but probably 250 with a good tune and only a grand.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived