Moving to California...Will my car pass inspection?

DingoDoc

I have a 98 accord lx and I'm moving to California from New York. The car says LEV (low emission vehicle) on a window sticker. Will this car pass California inpsection/smog test or will I have to get some work done on it? Thanks.

I have a 98 accord lx and I'm moving to California from New York. The car says LEV (low emission vehicle) on a window sticker. Will this car pass California inpsection/smog test or will I have to get some work done on it? Thanks.

Well if it's a stocker...you should be fine cause I believe New York adopted California emission laws. Anyhow, I believe your car would be exempt anyway since it's an out-of-state vehicle with more than 7500 miles.

unless he plans on gettin new license plates from cali..

cause i live in VA now but i get my plates from oregon... so i dont have to pass any VA inspection at all, but thats because i technically "live" in oregon and have there plates.

but since ur moving to cali, and will eventually get there plates, u will have to abide by there law, and if ur running stock u should be fine.

Thank you all for the great information. It's stock so I guess it'll be OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont do it my nigga lol i m living in cali and its killin me, i kinda hate this crap, Theres no place like NY, I mean if you moving to Southern cal around LA u ll be cool, but DONT MOVE TO NORCAL this crap is boring as f*ck!!! Anyways about the inspection, cali and NY have the most strick regulations so you should be good, I have to smog my car in a few months, right now my NY registration is still valid.

Archived