PhotoShoot

My process is changing slightly the next time I do it. My previous process was as follows

-Clay Bar entire car

-Meguier's 3 step w/ electric polisher. Terry cloth pads to apply, Wool to remove and hand wipe after the wool

-Replace step 3 with Turtle Wax Platinum wax.

My new process will be as follows

-Wash entire car with Dawn soap water (removes all the old waxes and stuff)

-Clay Bar entire car with Mother's or Zaino Z7

-Polish with Zaino Z5 w/ Cure Accelerator (have to leave sit for 45 minutes before wiping it off). I'll do 2 or 3 coats with the Z5.

-Sealant with Zaino Z2

-Get all plastics (headlights etc.) with Meguiers #40 or NXT Tech Protectant followed by a coat of Zaino Z2

-Clean and Condition Leather with Zaino Z9 and Zaino Z10

-Everything Applied by hand. No cheating with a electric polisher with the good Zaino stuff.

My new process will probably take 2 people 3 days to do a car so my dad and I are going to do his S2000 one weekend and then my car the following weekend. Also I'll have about $100 or more in the Zaino Z7, Z5, Z2, Z9, Z10, Cure Accelerator, and Meguiers #40.

My process is changing slightly the next time I do it. My previous process was as follows

-Clay Bar entire car

-Meguier's 3 step w/ electric polisher. Terry cloth pads to apply, Wool to remove and hand wipe after the wool

-Replace step 3 with Turtle Wax Platinum wax.

My new process will be as follows

-Wash entire car with Dawn soap water (removes all the old waxes and stuff)

-Clay Bar entire car with Mother's or Zaino Z7

-Polish with Zaino Z5 w/ Cure Accelerator (have to leave sit for 45 minutes before wiping it off). I'll do 2 or 3 coats with the Z5.

-Sealant with Zaino Z2

-Get all plastics (headlights etc.) with Meguiers #40 or NXT Tech Protectant followed by a coat of Zaino Z2

-Clean and Condition Leather with Zaino Z9 and Zaino Z10

-Everything Applied by hand. No cheating with a electric polisher with the good Zaino stuff.

My new process will probably take 2 people 3 days to do a car so my dad and I are going to do his S2000 one weekend and then my car the following weekend. Also I'll have about $100 or more in the Zaino Z7, Z5, Z2, Z9, Z10, Cure Accelerator, and Meguiers #40.

Hey at least im not the only one that takes more then a day....

Very good by the way. clearly from your photos you do a good job

Thanks for the detailed post about the waxing. I'll deffo take some tips from you, although that's more work than I'm willing to put into a coat of wax right now. Maybe once the car's painted... Anyway, good post.

I don't think that you'll need the clay bar because all it does is remove "grime" from the clearcoat. If I was you, I'd use claybar on a fender to see if you need it. With the claybar, you can feel the rough imperfections as they "smooth" out. Test a fender and see if you notice a roughness with the clay at first that then smooths out. If you do, then claybar the car. If you don't then it's not needed. The Zaino polish doesn't really remove any paint like typical polishes but is more of a filler with a deep shine. This is how you can get away with multiple coats. The more coats of Zaino Z5 the deeper the shine. Then seal it up with the the Z2 sealant. Paint typically takes 30 days to completely cure, so I'd wait that long or slightly longer before doing anything. You won't need to wash with dawn first since your paint has no other waxes on it.

Go to Zaino's website and look at some of the brand new cars they've used there products on. It seriously looks like wet paint. Incredible stuff. You'll see what I mean when you see there photos section.

Archived