O' The Odometer!?!?

JBEX

I guess it figures that wheel radius would affect the odometer!

How is the odometer adjusted to take into account the new wheel size?

I'm going from a 20" total wheel diameter(TWD) to a 22" TWD. :crazy:

yeah, if your wheel is a lot bigger than your stock wheels, it f*cks up your odometer...due to the diameter of your wheel. theres not much you can do if you want to upgrade the size of your wheels. its just something you have to sacrifice. but look in the bright side.....you get more chicks! :D

• 2 weeks later...

There is probably some kind of system you could rig with pulleys and whatnot to keep it the same. I'm going to mess around with my Mindstorms tonight and see if I can start to figure something out.

Woo-Hoo, I have the model built, now all I need to do is hook it up on my moms car and drive it around the block to get some readings. My moms car has 18's so if you have 18's, you'll want to keep track of this post (next week probably).

• 1 year later...

When you upgrade to a larger tire size you get a lower profile tire to keep it close the original diameter. Check out this: Tire Size Calculator

You can compare different tire sizes and see how the change affects the overall diameter, speedometer readings, etc. If you keep it within 3% of the stock overall diameter, you shouldn't have any problems. If its more than 3% you'd either have to accept having a faulty odometer/speedometer or actually fix the problem. I've seen some tuning products on tv that you plug into your car and can change things with the car's computer. They mentioned tire plus sizing adjustments. www.superchips.com is the one I saw, but they only have them for US vehicles I think. Perhaps another company makes a similar product that would work on a Honda.

Archived