Saw a "Fit" today for the first time.

Today I saw the blue fit sport with the automatic transmission that has the steering wheel shifters on it when I parked right next to it, and I must say it's quite nice. The interior actually looks really good, and it looks really nice in real life. Luckily I saw it next to a scion xA, and i must say that the scion pales in comparison. Good job honda :thumbsup:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i saw a Honda fit too it looks really nice. I dunno why but the exterior reminds me of a suzuki aerio, except the interior of the fit looks really nice for a starting price of around 13,885 or something like that. Honestly, i think im gonna get one. I went to honda.com and there a build and price, it came to around 17,000 kinda pricey for my build

The only other subcompact that would come close to the build, standard equipment, power, and reliability would be a Scion xA...and the Fit, my friend, runs circles around the xA. Some reviewers have agreed the Fit is well worth it's price tag when compared to the market.

I forgot what magazine it was, I think maybe Car and Driver but it compared 10 different hatchback cars in 2006, and the Fit was rated #1. It had the second fastest 0 - 60 time and best interior. Other than that it was the most reliable out of the pack and I think also the most fuel efficient.

Is it really built off the Echo base? Cuz that won my "Ugliest Car Ever" award. I haven't seen one in person, but from the pictures I've seen the 2 door hatchback is my type of subcompact. You're right though, the four door one is pudgy in some weird places. I'd kind of like to go see a Fit and a Yaris in person, preferably next to each other. I wonder when the next car show is around here...

Around the world the Echo was known as the Yaris/Vitz (for the hatch) or Platz/Belta (for the sedan).

As for the Fit...yup, 5-door hatch is all we're getting. Maybe if sales are good they'll bring over the sedan (Fit Aria/City) and the wagon (Airwave).

That's a good point. I hadn't thought about how now Toyota will have two cars serving the same niche almost exactly. How much do xAs run? Cuz the Yaris 3 door is a little over 10, which is awesome. That and the fit are some powerhouses of value as econoboxes go.

The XA starts out around 13k. So really they are in the same category? That doesn't make sense to me. That would be like Subaru coming out with a second car with 300 hp all wheel drive around $30k.

The main point of Scion was so that Toyota could tap into the youth market. Toyota branding had always been associated with an older generation and so they built a whole new division to go after a younger market with a clean slate. Also, Scions were meant to be sold in limited quantities. Which is why the Scion models are suppose to have a shelf life of 3-4 years before being discontinued. Then there's also the whole push for the Release Series models which are more geared to tuners. Scion also spends most of their marketing on youth culture...telling the youth of today that they can afford a new car and then "pimp" it out with factory Scion parts.

On the other hand the Yaris is more set as a volume seller and doesn't have as much standard equipment or even options that you could get with an xA or xB. Yes both cars fall within the same category, but are going after two totally different markets.

i like the fits. i went to go see if i can trade my itr for a fit but they wouldnt take it because too many mods were done to my car.

I think I'll take the Mugen Fit Dynamite...

:wub:

02.jpg

:wub:

Nice little K20A tucked in under there...

Mugen also came out with the Spec D...

01_l.jpg

They supercharged the L15 inside...

Archived