The Fast And The Furious 2

..SSR..

From www.rojawheels.com

LAS VEGAS, November 6, 2002 – Lights! Camera! Wheels! Leading import performance wheels manufacturer American Racing Equipment announced today at the 2002 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show that they have signed a licensing agreement with Universal Studios Consumer Products Group to offer a line of co-branded The Fast and the Furious sport wheels under their Motegi Racing and RO_JA brands. The Fast and the Furious 2 is Universal Pictures’ follow-up to the summer 2001 breakaway hit that grossed $206 million at the worldwide box-office.

Motegi Racing and RO_JA will each roll out wheels that will also be featured in the summer 2003 release. Other licensed products will include Motegi Tuner Car Wax, a car wax formulated for the colorful finishes popular in the import performance market, specially-designed wheel accessories, t- shirts, headwear and window stickers. All will be available in early Spring from Motegi Racing and RO_JA dealers and car accessory boutiques.

The split five-spoke Motegi Racing F&F 5 wheel will come in 17-inch to 19-inch sizes in gun metal, silver, white and hyper black finishes. The RO_JA Furious Five, from tuner car builder and import drag racer RJ DeVeras, is a twisted, blade-like, five-spoke, two-piece wheel. It also will come in 17-inch to 19-inch sizes with a machined finish.

“We are thrilled about our relationship with Universal Studios and are very excited about leveraging the future possibilities for Motegi Racing and RO_JA,” said Chris Anderson, brand manager for both Motegi Racing and RO_JA. “The Fast and the Furious represents today’s car culture for creating a new breed of auto enthusiast and for driving the popularity of aftermarket wheels.”

The Fast and the Furious 2 is the highly-anticipated follow-up to the Summer 2001 box office sensation, which was the first film ever to depict the super-charged world of street racing. Paul Walker returns as former cop Brian O’Conner, who teams up with his ex-con pal Roman Pearce (Tyrese) to transport a shipment of "dirty" money for shady Miami-based import-export dealer Carter Verone (Cole Hauser), while actually working with undercover agent Monica Clemente (newcomer Eva Mendes) to bring Verone down. Ludacris, James Remar and Devon Aoki are also in the cast of this new high-adrenaline adventure directed by John Singleton (Boyz N the Hood, Baby Boy) and produced by Neal Moritz (The Fast and the Furious, Sweet Home Alabama), with a whole new line-up of dazzling high-performance vehicles ready to burn up the screen.

Universal Pictures’ The Fast and the Furious grossed $206 million at the worldwide box-office. In addition to its box office success, the film showed even more muscle during the holiday season as the home video and DVD flew off retailers’ shelves, becoming the number one selling DVD of 2001 with over 5.5 million units* (*per Video Scan) sold to date.

The car and motorcycle action sequences depicted in The Fast and the Furious and The Fast and the Furious 2 films are dangerous. All stunts were performed in carefully-controlled environments using professionally trained stunt crews on closed roads. No attempts should be made to duplicate any action, driving or car play scenes portrayed therein. Universal Studios neither condones nor endorses the use of any licensed products in any manner whatsoever other than in strict accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and speed limits.

A note to parents: The Fast and The Furious is rated PG-13. Consult www.filmratings.com for further information.

so um...now this means that if anybody gets motegi or roja wheels its gonna be rice right? (said with great sarcasm...cause people are so stupid now-a-days. :mad: )

anyways...is it true that paul walker pulled out? some stupid guy was trying to tell me he did, i didn't believe him.

No, he is the only person from the original movie that will be in the sequel. Go to mtv.com and read about it.

If RO_JA's are rice, then you can pur some soy sauce on my Neo 4.0's.

• 2 weeks later...

no there are only 3 tru rim cos. VOLK, SPOON, MUGEN. thats it. well maybe RACING HART but THATS IT. also paul walker didnt pull out vin deisel did. the only originals from teh first are hecter, brian, and ja rule. that it i think dont member gona go have to dwnld the movie agian off of KaZaA

I don't get why everyone is stuck on Spoon and Mugen wheels. They're small, light, and ugly. Who wants a $500 wheel that looks pretty much like a hubcap?

From what I hear it's too reduce unsprung weight and better acceleration. As for ugly, that's personal opinion.

I know they're light. I think they would make good sow/track wheels, but not dd wheels. Unless you think the weight you save with them will make up for the 20lbs of overweightness (?) on you and the 30lbs from your boom boom system.

I know they're light. I think they would make good sow/track wheels, but not dd wheels. Unless you think the weight you save with them will make up for the 20lbs of overweightness (?) on you and the 30lbs from your boom boom system.

unsprung weight...basically the suspension system. With that lighten you get better cornering.

my weight (are you calling me overweight? hahaha) as well as the 30lb. system (which i don't have either) are sprung weight.

I was talking about people in general. Like Steph Papadakis. They spend $20,000 having every bold replaced with a titanium bolt for less weight, but he is still fat.

That was just an example.

And yet for some reason I thought we were talking about rims? Which would mean, they contribute to the unsprung weight. It doesn't matter how fat the driver is, the suspension system will be lighter than it normally is and can do what it's suppose to do...stick to the road, which is a plus for daily driving.

I don't get why everyone is stuck on Spoon and Mugen wheels. They're small, light, and ugly. Who wants a $500 wheel that looks pretty much like a hubcap?

well ok look at it this way.

VOLK rims(set of 4) weighs about 18-19lbs a piece for 16s

SPOON rims(set of 4) weighs about 9-10 lbs a piece for 16s

MUGEN Rims(set of 4) weighs about 14-16 lbs a peice for 16s

Archived