I have been messing with the avatar thing now for 2-3 weeks. I tried imagestation and villagephoto, neither of them worked. It says the file extension or URL is invalid, what do I need to do? It won't let me upload a pic either.

i think my avatar is set at like 80x80 but i'm not sure on that.

ssr: check your url inside the IMG tags. make sure there are no spaces after the url before the last tag. what type of pic is it? i had to convert some of my pics to post up on here to jpg's (they were png's before). if you want, pm me the url to the pic and i'll try to get it working.

Post the link on here so we can help you get it working.

I thought I had turned on Avatar uploads for members with 25 posts or more. The image must be less than 9K to upload. Also choose your dimensions so it looks good.

You should not use that original as it looks like this:

post-71-1041639284.jpg

But it has just been shrunk down to fit. The file is still 54.5KB, which takes an average Dialup user 30 seconds to download, just to see it.

Instead, I shrunk the image in photoshop to 80x60 which looks like the attached image here and is only 2.6KB, which taks an average dialup user a half second to download.

SuperStreetRX7:

Right click on this tiny attached image. Choose Save picture as and save it to your computer somewhere.

Then, go to your avatar settings and choose the Browse button to upload an Avatar and browse to the file you just saved. Then save your settings the tiny avatar will get uploaded.

In fact, the dimensions are actually larger than what you currently have. 80x60 instead of 75x56.

Let me know if you have a problem...

btw, nice picture!

looks to me like the rev's hit about 7500 or 7600. thats usually where i end up at when i powerbrake, or when i shift from first to second. so i though it was pretty cool. and you can tell its a honda tach by the needle...not sure what car its out of, maybe a integra or something cause the redline is way up at like 8000 or so. my car reds at 7200...

haha, yeah i guess thats true. but its still powerbraking. kinda. whatever, i'm still calling it powerbrake. :laugh:

you should see how many marks i've put on the asphault road i live off of by powerbr...errr, e-braking. the cops are probably gonna start to patrol my road more cause of me 8)

Archived