Spring Rates For Coilovers On A Crx

Ok, I'm getting some ground control coilovers for my '91 CRX si and I need to figure out what spring rates to get. Any of you guys with coilovers doing curve-carving? I would very much appreciate your advice. Thanks!!

-Matt

im not sure what you mean by spring rates. do you mean the height of the car?? or do you mean the brand of springs? im not sure what you mean but ground control uses eibachs...im pretty sure you know that though. i was going to get coilovers but its such a hassle b/c everytime you adjust your height, you have to get your car aligned. all my friends who have coilovers adjust their height to the height they want and get an alignment and keep it at that height forever...unless a flood comes up. id stick with eibach springs, its more reliable and the smoothness is close to stocks. you'll have to align it once and not deal with it again but if you want....go with coilovers. just my .02

hmm.... not really sure, pretty sure for autox u want to have more pounds in the front, like 800 lbs, and like 600 to 700 in the back. (drag racing u have it the other way around). or u could just have it balanced. but doesnt really matter. just get adjustable struts, front and rear tower bars, rear sway bar, and ur si will beable to do a 20 mph turn at about 50 to 60mph. and if ur motor is stock, it should be okay to go really stiff. but not to stiff to get understeer. hence the sway bar. u don't really need tie rods, maybe for the front. oh yeah, and if u got the balls, buy a 24mm sway bar, and dont go any higher. average is 18mm.

Archived