Is it possible to swap an h22 into an 89 crx?

widebodyrex

I was wondering if it would be possible to swap an h22 into an 89 crx? I'm looking to do an engine swap here pretty soon. My car is more show then anything so I'm not looking to be the quickest around but I do want a powerful engine. It has a 13 piece black widow wide body kit, a tilt forward carbon fiber hood, and lambos coming soon. If the h22 wouldn't work what would be my best option for a motor swap? If you guys could help me out I'd apreciate it, thanks.

Obviously I didn't look to read the forums and notice there was a simular thread below, my fault on that one. I guess what I am trying to ask then is what would be the best and most reliable engine to drop in a crx?

id put a V8 in it and convert to rear wheel drive. since you keep adding dead weight to your car , like body kits and such. 13 piece kit? jesus boy. why dont you just hang lead weights off your car. you wanna make it faster than take all that crap off it. and go B series. easier swap. the trouble youd go through imo is not worth it.

-5 on the V8 what are you thinking? H22 is a great powerplant for a CRX, i have a buddy that has a Turbo H22 in his 91 CRX and it whoop major ass! B series is good also but i think that the H22 would be better for the CRX plus its already light and corners like a beast, so why not put a H22 in it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You should go with a b18c1/c5it's much lighter, but if your car is mostly for show you should go with what you can pay for. FYI the h22 is going to kill your handling, just tell a hefty friend of yours to sit on your hood and try taking a little drive. You'll definitely feel a difference.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
I was wondering if it would be possible to swap an h22 into an 89 crx? I'm looking to do an engine swap here pretty soon. My car is more show then anything so I'm not looking to be the quickest around but I do want a powerful engine. It has a 13 piece black widow wide body kit, a tilt forward carbon fiber hood, and lambos coming soon. If the h22 wouldn't work what would be my best option for a motor swap? If you guys could help me out I'd apreciate it, thanks.

Obviously I didn't look to read the forums and notice there was a simular thread below, my fault on that one. I guess what I am trying to ask then is what would be the best and most reliable engine to drop in a crx?

H22 W/mounts Will Go right in w/ minor changes to the engine bay(Stock hood will not clear), My Friend in sc just finished his,cost him bout $1000 excluding cost of engine, ecu, tranny, axcels, and conversion harness. More torque than u can shake a stick at! Runs Awsome! I am now wanting to do one of my own. The Bad: is Expensive to do! ,, in his case and id say any rex the engine is heavy and really affects the handling of the car. He Has redone the front suspension, I think he used ground control coilovers,AEM lower and upper braces, and a camber kit not sure who makes it. a few other things not sure,

the torque steer is pretty bad, oversteer ass well. keep in mind this is just his car i havent seen any other h22 swaps in a rex first hand that i got to drive.

woooooow.........this would make the 3rd time this thread was brought back from the dead.

This would make it the 4th time >_<

H22 W/mounts Will Go right in w/ minor changes to the engine bay(Stock hood will not clear), My Friend in sc just finished his,cost him bout $1000 excluding cost of engine, ecu, tranny, axcels, and conversion harness. More torque than u can shake a stick at! Runs Awsome! I am now wanting to do one of my own. The Bad: is Expensive to do! ,, in his case and id say any rex the engine is heavy and really affects the handling of the car. He Has redone the front suspension, I think he used ground control coilovers,AEM lower and upper braces, and a camber kit not sure who makes it. a few other things not sure,

the torque steer is pretty bad, oversteer ass well. keep in mind this is just his car i havent seen any other h22 swaps in a rex first hand that i got to drive.

Umm hello why dont you look at when a thread was started before posting... march 2006?!? This thread is a little beyond dead :sleep2:

This would make it the 4th time >_<

Umm hello why dont you look at when a thread was started before posting... march 2006?!? This thread is a little beyond dead :sleep2:

Yeh i noticed the date after i wasted my time, lol felt stupid enough after i did it, thanks for pouring the salt on my wounds lmao

Archived