Pictures of my Teg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you think the mcguires is the best. i need to really do a good detailing of my car, since its been sitting collecting dust for a year. and people have been rubbingon it. im afraid my paint is gonna need some xserius love

Yeah, I use the Meguiers 3 step but only the first 2 steps. I think the stuff is freakin' awesome. Go to walmart and get the small 6" buffer and apply the first two steps on with that and then use the buffer to buff each of the first two stages off (you'll still have to wipe some by hand too). I use Turtle Wax Platinum for the 3rd step, but when I use that up I'm switching to Eagle One Nanowax.

The first step is a cleaner and cleans a lot of crap and stuff out of your paint that you don't even notice is there. The second step is a polish and brings out a lot of shine (both remove swirl and fine scratches and haze) The third step is a carnauba wax so I just replace that step with my favorite wax.

By buffer I mean an electric buffer. It's the small 6" buffer at Walmart in the automotive section. Don't worry it's not fast enough to worry about burning your paint. I've pressed pretty hard with my buffer and have never had any problems. You'll have to get different pads for applying than for buffing it off but the buffer is only about $20 and the pads are $4 for a 2 pack. Definately worth it. Rain won't even stick to my car right now. Just rolls right off.

ok well im kinda worried about my car. it was repainted a ffew years ago. and i dunno about the quality of paint it is...... havent had problems yet, but i dunno about buffing it.

is it a buffer that rotates, or shakes back and forth? and swirl marks?

The first step is a cleaner and cleans a lot of crap and stuff out of your paint that you don't even notice is there. The second step is a polish and brings out a lot of shine (both remove swirl and fine scratches and haze) The third step is a carnauba wax so I just replace that step with my favorite wax.

By buffer I mean an electric buffer. It's the small 6" buffer at Walmart in the automotive section. Don't worry it's not fast enough to worry about burning your paint. I've pressed pretty hard with my buffer and have never had any problems. You'll have to get different pads for applying than for buffing it off but the buffer is only about $20 and the pads are $4 for a 2 pack. Definately worth it. Rain won't even stick to my car right now. Just rolls right off.

bump! meguires makes a wicked system. just picked up a clay bar from them too...works amazing...gets all the brake dust that gets embeded in the paint...white shows rust/brake shmag bad...the clay bar took it all out :thumbsup:

Sexy - It's a shakes and turns both and I'm pretty sure it is garunteed not to burn your paint. I used it on my del sol which had a pretty crappy paintjob and it made the paint look great everytime. I don't think it rotates nearly fast enough to burn the paint. Oh, and are you asking what swirl marks are?

Archived