Yokohama's?

one of my friends dad has yokohama a520's on his ride (new celica) and they are some of the best tires i have seen. thats why i'm gettin them :D i haven't heard of any traction problems from him, and they seem to hook up well for his car and the local track/roads. as far as wet weather...what aftermarket tires do work well in wet weather? :laugh: but yeah, they're not terribly bad in wet weather. i'd recommend a520's...but i don't know anybody with parada's nor have i seen them on any cars around here. therefore i can't give you any feedback on them...but yeah, go with a520's unless you hear from somebody else that parada's are superior 8)

yokohama = :rockon:

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Ok about the parada Spec-2's I have had a set for a year now and went to the drag strip 4 times with them once was NOPI in St. Louis last year for 3 days/nights at the track. I love these tire i smoked the crap out of them and they still have really good tread on them.........

Here's a comparision for u. I have 16X7 american racing twisted tuners or the other wheels that came out the same year that r similar forgot the excact name.. They wheigh a crapload and i have the 205/40-16 parada spec-2's on them.

At NOPI last year BF let me use the sport compact DOT drag radial on a light motegi wheel 205/50/15.

I ran with the bf's with anywhere from 8psi-12psi and ran a best of 13.57 in the 1/4....I ran with the parada spec-2's with 34 psi and ran a best of 13.62.

Now the reason why i ran 34psi in the paradas is my wheels take a special adapter to add tire pressure and i lost it during the trip to NOPI somewhere.

But as u can see the bad ass bf's that they said were so good didn't really do crap for me plus it was lighter and 1" smaller. When i took the tires back to them they asked me how they worked i told them what i rean with what bla bla bla and they were just shocked. I told them i would never buy them. I still haven't ran the paradas on the track with less than 34psi cause i sold my NX but in 2 weeks i'm buying it back so i can go test it out and compare.. But i almost bet the paradas out run the bf's compare and tell me ur thoughts.

Just my 2 cents I love them. My friends run falken Azensis and they wear quick but also hook pretty good.

• 2 months later...

i have yokohama avs on my integra they are great in the dry not too good in the wet but i havent really tried anything else tho so if you live in a dry state then go for it but i live in washington and i have to lay off the throttle when it rains but overall i like them and they work for now

• 1 month later...

I had cooper zeons ZXS and they have real good wet weather traction. Plus there realatively cheap for the quality. My brother had them on his MP5 we took the car to indy from iowa and back with 2* of -camber front and back got back and the tires where fine...

Archived