Honda Vs Acura

sure there are acuras in japan! haven't you seen them japanese cars with the "A" emblem?? LOL what im trying to say is......they want the american OEM look just like how we want the JDM look. they laugh at us and wonder why we buy jdm parts.. like for my car? there is this website in japan with all inspires (all year and model) and some of them buy US orange front bumper and our TL tails!! its suppose to be cool for them hehe

well okay yeah.. honda integra has a whole diff front end. the headlights are 1 piece etc.. i posted a picture of a acura integra with a jdm integ conversion somewhere. you can do a search if you dont know what it looks like. if you want to get technical, the driver is on the other side of the car...they drive on the other side of the road...uh....the drivers of the cars are japanese? im jk with you :)

Truthfully I wouldn't mess with Honda/Acura (whichever one you want to call it). The only good cars (In My Opinion = IMO) is the Civic Type R and the NSX. Sure the Prelude, Accord, and Integra are better (power-wise) cars than the Civic Type R, but the C.T.R. (imo) is better than all of them combined (corner-wise). A true street race doesn't consist of constant cars drag-racing on the street. That's why there's a JDM so they can sell these sweet engines for these cars. Ok, I'll shut up, I'm getting off-subject.

• 2 months later...
acura is the "luxury line" of honda, just like infinity is the luxury line of nissan, something like that...

yea and lexus is the lux of toyota and GMC is the lux line of GM and cevy is the sport line of GM and all the crap like that. every car company is either owned by something else or owns another car company

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure about the differences for the 1st gen integra.

USDM 90-93 integra(89-93 in Japan): different engines, different moldings, the JDM coupes had headrests on the rear seats, the USDM didn't, different headlights, different bumper supports, different windows(JDM had a slightly goldish tint), among a few different other things.

94-01 integra: I'm not completely sure about all the differences between the two, but they had much different front ends except for 1 year when the JDM teg had our "4 eyes" front end. the JDM type R came in a couple more colors, also came in a sedan, and had black housing projector headlights(JDM integras had silver housing).

oh, I forgot who said something about shaved moldings on the ITR, but ITRs didn't come with moldings....ever. it's kinda hard to shave something that isn't there.

edit: I forgot about the RSX. the RSX is the 4th gen integra(yes, it's called an integra) in Japan.

The 93-94 Honda Integras had the 4 bug eyed look. In 1995, when the Type R came out, they changed it to the silver housing/black housing one piece.

edit: blah...kinda screwed up on the whole year vs. model year deal. my bad...

They (Acuras) are the lux line for USA, but they are built in Japan, at least mine was. Dont really know about the lux models, CL, etc.

Last year in the British Touring races on Speed, there were a few Integras. They are called Honda Integras there and in Europe.

I have an RSX Type S, had an Integra for 11 years and 327,000 miles b4

I traded it. And yes, it still ran like a banshee. Actually, I miss the little bugger.

Nova.

They (Acuras) are the lux line for USA, but they are built in Japan, at least mine was. Dont really know about the lux models, CL, etc.

the 1st gen TL were all 100% built in japan. 2nd gen's are US made. i think the RL is the same way.. no such thing as a CL in japan

Archived