CRX vs Del Sol

demos

Hi. The 92 - 97 crx is the same shape as the Del Sol. 2 seater sports, convirtable etc. Thats what I cant understand! The link to the pic of the crx you sent was the old crx. :) I posted the same question on the other forum (www.honda-tech.com) and get some well rude responses!!! :(

i think the CRX died in 1993 and then the Del Sol was born in place of the CRX in 1993 or 1994 so really they are the same car, hince the name CRX Del Sol...

oh and I've heard around here at a local speed shop, they call the Del Sol a Honda Civic CRX Del Sol... i dont know why, why wouldn't they keep to at least 2 names? instead of 3? j/w???>_<

When they first came out, they were introduced in the US as a "Civic del Sol." Around the world it was the "CRX del Sol." They dropped the "Civic" name in hopes that'll boost sales...little help that did.

in 94 it changed from civic del sol to honda del sol and became independent from the civic lineup.

Just wondering what you mean, "independent"? It was still based on the Civic chassis...many parts were still interchangeable. The Sol was still counted in Civic sales past 1994 and even Hondanews often refers to the car as the Civic del Sol up until it was discontinued.

deffinitelly. I'm going to college for Automotive enginering technology ( basically designing cars) maybe I can design a new del sol. lol I wish.

Ayy blackdelsol if you make a new Sol, I'll be your first buyer!!! :thumbsup: but Honda really needs to make a new Del Sol with a K20A3 call it the Del Sol Type R like you said. I would buy one for sure... But Honda wouldnt need to make real big changes to the body because the Del Sol body is almost perfect! only a few things should be chaned and thats not on the outside mostly on the inside so taller people can fit in easier! but that would make the car longer so forget that just keep the looks the same just update the performance and I'll buy one!!! BRING THE DEL SOL BACK TO LIFE HONDA!!!!

Yeah .. But let's face it. The Del Sol won't ever be brought back ...

JDMhHamster - You said make it longer so taller people can fit in ? The del sol has an enormous amount of leg room ... What are you 7'5 ?

no I'm 6'5" but the one i sat in was a HUNTER's custom automotive car show and it had a roll cage and thats what i would want if i got a Del Sol... since the cage was in it there was no room, you couldnt move the seat back and also the seat was at a straight incline. i think that guy needed some Bride racing seats to make your butt sink in the seat so you would have a little more room... the stock Del Sol's have good leg room yes, but not one with a Roll cage in it... the only real problem was getting my legs under the steering wheel but after that it was fine,I had plenty of room!

Archived