Top Out at 110

Caspers_Civic

96-00 Civic's don't have governors.

You sure cause I was riding down the interstate and hit 110 and it didn't want to go anymore I was at 5000 rpms @ 110 with it acting like it was giving me nothing more. But I'll try to give it another shot as soon as I head back to the track

No offense, but it's because your car can't.

Just kidding, but maybe.

i wouldn't doubt it. i've gotten mine up to 125, then it started shaking...no good...but anyway, yeah cars like that EX are probably accelerating around 110, just very slowly so that it's hardly noticeable. Something like 110, 110.1, 110.2, etc....

You sure cause I was riding down the interstate and hit 110 and it didn't want to go anymore I was at 5000 rpms @ 110 with it acting like it was giving me nothing more. But I'll try to give it another shot as soon as I head back to the track

i went over 120mph on my civic ex

LMAO my 79 t/a red lines at 145 and it hits it pretty quick

Sounds Slow for the HP ratings, unless you just copied the parts descriptions for your car out of Summit. My friends 86 T/A w/500+ HP goes a lot faster fairly quick. I think you got the wrong forum anyways.

I have a DX automatic and it stopped ant 110 but then the next time I got it to 115 and it toppped out then and the next time it didn't it just kept on going

Thanks I will give it a shot next time I have the chance.

• 5 months later...

damn 145-160? is a honda civic even going to hold up at those speeds? big but dumb hint, sheck the speed rating on ur tires, i usually wont go over 110 cuz i haven't taken the time to check it on mine, but governors are electronic and electronics will malfuction. my buddy has a chevy s10 that governs out at 95 but when he does this weird pedal pump thing it malfunctions and just keeps accelerating, the tac, speedo freeze up and every light on that dash comes on though

Archived