PUTTING STOCK TIRES ON CAR

onthefloor

Hey i have a 99 civic with 18 Inch rims. I have a camber kit but need to install it. My boys doen it for 150.00 including alignment while everywhere else is charging like 350 or so. So i have to wait like 2 weeks to do it. But i dont wanna wear my tires. So im just gonna put my stock tires that came with the car. My dad was telling me i cant just put the wheel anywhere i need to put it where it originally was when i go tthe car. Is this true? And if soo is there any way of telling which wheel goes where??

On my Low Pros on my 18's theres an arrow that says which way the tire should spin but on the stock big fat tires theres nothing

wait a sec....are you saying that you lowered it....hmm im confused explain your prob,..

if its lowered the alignment is going to be out no matter what tire you have on it...

put it back to stock height and just leave the rims on it...unless ur drive like 300 + miles it wont noticbly wear unless ur alignment is way out of wack

Yo thats not a bad idea i didnt realize that..... Yeah what im gonna do is raise my car high that way it wont camber. Good crap bro thanks. I was gonna put my stock wheels on cuz i dont care if it cambers or not. I dont use those anyways. Its just temporary till i get my camber kit on

im still confused. do you have coilovers? do you have aftermarket springs?

if you put back on your stock wheels, make sure the tires are facing a certain direction. Look in your tire wall and see if there is an arrow. use that arrow to guide you where to mount the tire. the arrow shows the rotation of the wheel so follow the arrow.

if you lower your car after it is already aligned then you ruined the alignment. if the new height isn't too much diff from the previous height the difference in alignment isn't much to the point where you'll see uneven wear on your tires.

Archived