amp and woofer hook up

omg do i need help!!!!! i had an amp and subwoofer professionally installed and they hooked the remote wire to the acc. fuse >>>>>> it does not work!!!!!! is this even right???

Do you have an aftermarket radio? Where did you have it hooked up at? If it is an aftermartket head unit they should have hooked it up to the external power from the radio going to a power antenea or to the aux power off of the head unit, but to answer your question yes it should work but that is not the way that I was tought to install it when I did my training. I would say take it back to them and tell them to look at it.

no its a stock radio. i got it installed in N.J and i live in K.S so i cant go back....lol

Ok, That is some what of a prob, I would say take the remote wire off of the fuse and try to hook it up to a toggle switch that would run to the battery that way you could have control over the power of the amp and than if everything else is hooked up right it should work right. Other than that the only thing that I think you could look at to make sure that it is working to jump the remote wire off of the constant power wire and if should work.

take off ur center consol (the plastic piece the holds ur ash tray) plice into the wire that goes to your cigirate lighter...this is a 12 volt source, plus it only turns on when ur key is on which is what you want, just my input,,o yeah you do not need to use an inline fuse on this as there is a fure in your fuse box for it.

no fuse needed for remote wire , but remote wire is of minimal voltage as well (not supposed to be 12 volts runnin through your remote wire). the fact you dont have a good head unit in the car makes me think your runnin a line level adaptor , GARBAGE. do yourself a favor and go get a good deck for your car. I run pioneer premier deck love pioneer wouldnt buy nothin else but. I run 2 12" JLaudio's and an alpine MRV1000 amp (400 nominal watts). got 3 first place trophies with just this setup.

what kind of head unit do you have....? if its the stock cd player they probably are using high input into your amp which is junk, you should use audio wires,(this would require getting a new head unit with audio outs) also just run a wire from the back of your cigiratie lighter as i already said and use that as your remote as it would be the easiest solution is your wire harness colors may be mix matched.

you cant run remote on factory decks. remote wires are 98% of the time blue with white stripe or blue.but were gettin ahead of ourselves anyways , hes sayin his remote wire is connected and his amp is not commin on , so id say your remote wire is not the prolem. check grounds(amp ground especially). check fusable link supplying amp(some dumasses touch the amp while wiring and short it out causing fuse toblow). any 12v power source runnin to your remote in on your amp should make it come on. and like xalex said use your ciggy lighter or any acc power source for that matter so your amp doesnt stay on all the time.

he should get a tester light and hook the ground part to the amp ground and to the main power, and to the remote,,if neither work try hooking it to a ground on the car...bring your results back here...also most factory decks dont have audio outs any ways to its probly running of high out put which is crapty...if this is your case get a head unit and run audio wires...thats just my input.

Archived