Help needed a sipmle job and i broke my transtop roof!!!&a

ukdelsoljdm

Hi this is my first post so don't let me down.

This morning after 8 months of trouble free driving i decided to put a switch inside the car to operate my boot as the lock is missing. Anyway i tested the three wires which would have connected to the lock and got it working fine. i ran the leats to my centre console but when i went to cut the connecter off i forgot it was live and almost jammed myself in the boot unfortunately the pliers had stayed on the cable and the roof boot was stuck shut.

The long story

This morning after 8 months of trouble free driving I decided to put a switch inside the car to operate my boot as the lock is missing. Anyway I tested the three wires which would have connected to the lock and got it working fine. I ran the leats to my centre console but when i went to cut the connecter off i forgot it was live and almost jammed myself in the boot, unfortunately the pliers had stayed on the cable and the boot was stuck shut. After some fumblineg I discovered the manual roof winder unfortunately things wernt as easy as like my manual says "pull the cord and turn 90 degress anti clockwise" to relase the boot lock nothing happened. So with a vayge recollection of the wire colors i decided to try and find them after a few hours and a blown fuse this was not working. Again i tried again with the manual winders but while I was trying anthing and everthing to open it again I managed to break the driver cable which lifts the top of the roof to tilt (bugger) in the end I manage to yank on the entire release cable and with some luck from god managed to get the lock open. once i had the boot open I thaught Iwas saved (i wasent cerain id broken the driver cable at this point) any way I soldered the 3 wires id been trying to use back together again. Then i connected my switch up to the the cables and my boot works fine. trouble is the car is constanly beeping and my dash is telling me that somethings wrong with the boot section. and my roof mechanism isn't working at all. I used the manual winders to make sure everrthings in the correct position but still nothing ( the windows aren't even going down.) could this b due to the driver cable for the tilt being missing? or have i fried my transtop controller? or is it just confused? can I reset it? I luckely found a new cable set on ebay so will this fix it? any help would be much appriciated as I dont know how long I can leave my car in bits.

the short story

transtop roof broken after 8 hours trying to open boot

beeps when ignition on

have broken roof tilt driver cable but got new one coming

can transtop controller be rest?

HELP????????:-(

If anyone knows anything about these roofs please reply or add me on msn so I can chat my address is

adrianwashere@hotmail.com

also when I put the ignition on I can hear a buzzing I figured it was a fuel pump or something but actually its a small fan with little tiny vent just behind the seat any ideas what its does??

The long story

This morning after 8 months of trouble free driving I decided to put a switch inside the car to operate my boot as the lock is missing. Anyway I tested the three wires which would have connected to the lock and got it working fine. I ran the leats to my centre console but when i went to cut the connecter off i forgot it was live and almost jammed myself in the boot, unfortunately the pliers had stayed on the cable and the boot was stuck shut. After some fumblineg I discovered the manual roof winder unfortunately things wernt as easy as like my manual says "pull the cord and turn 90 degress anti clockwise" to relase the boot lock nothing happened. So with a vayge recollection of the wire colors i decided to try and find them after a few hours and a blown fuse this was not working. Again i tried again with the manual winders but while I was trying anthing and everthing to open it again I managed to break the driver cable which lifts the top of the roof to tilt (bugger) in the end I manage to yank on the entire release cable and with some luck from god managed to get the lock open. once i had the boot open I thaught Iwas saved (i wasent cerain id broken the driver cable at this point) any way I soldered the 3 wires id been trying to use back together again. Then i connected my switch up to the the cables and my boot works fine. trouble is the car is constanly beeping and my dash is telling me that somethings wrong with the boot section. and my roof mechanism isn't working at all. I used the manual winders to make sure everrthings in the correct position but still nothing ( the windows aren't even going down.) could this b due to the driver cable for the tilt being missing? or have i fried my transtop controller? or is it just confused? can I reset it? I luckely found a new cable set on ebay so will this fix it? any help would be much appriciated as I dont know how long I can leave my car in bits.

the short story

transtop roof broken after 8 hours trying to open boot

beeps when ignition on

have broken roof tilt driver cable but got new one coming

can transtop controller be rest?

HELP????????:-(

If anyone knows anything about these roofs please reply or add me on msn so I can chat my address is

adrianwashere@hotmail.com

also when I put the ignition on I can hear a buzzing I figured it was a fuel pump or something but actually its a small fan with little tiny vent just behind the seat any ideas what its does??

sry roughly where about you located the problems to complex for me but i can ask around.

Archived