Ok guys, here you go

SolLesHonda

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 for S-techs. a couple poeple have them on their STi's, they ride nice.

Still going with Tanabe though.

they go great with the STi Shocks, dont need to replace them.

solLess- your avatar is sick. VTEC Yo.

i just looked and seed you were talking about suspension. so i went to skunk2 and looked for some coilovers and i think i want them. so i can just like buy them and put em on and thats it for my suspension. i could have sworn that like there was more to it than that. i thought like to get that crap done you have to replace more than just your stock springs etc. afterall les schwab charges 1000 per inch you drop. also if i do buy these springs, do i have to worry about adjusting camber etc. im prolly going to go to a professional to put em on etc but do i have to like buy more things to make sure that camber etc are all good?

oh and i also forgot to mention, what is the difference between this:

517-05-0730 DRAG LAUNCH KIT / 1988-00 CIVIC, CRX, DEL SOL (ALL MODELS)

and

cuz all im really looking for as far as suspension is something that will lower me about 3 or so inches that will also handle pretty well (better than stock) but will be able to support the weight of the motor i wanna swap, even though im not sure which direction im going to go yet but thinking towards an h22.

sols are low stock, bu the wheel gap is too tall. My friend lowered his cavalier like 2.5 inches, but my sol is closer to the ground. he just has no wheel gap.

yeah Sol's do have to much wheel gap, but honda might have put all that wheel gap and a lower ride height, so when you do put a suspension on the Sol the Center of Gravity is lower, hince making the car corner better! :thumbsup:

oh and i also forgot to mention, what is the difference between this:

and

cuz all im really looking for as far as suspension is something that will lower me about 3 or so inches that will also handle pretty well (better than stock) but will be able to support the weight of the motor i wanna swap, even though im not sure which direction im going to go yet but thinking towards an h22.

Nothing, you posted the same exact model numbers. Don't get the drag launch kit. Those are not full coilovers, they are a cup kit.

Skunk 2 is good for the price but they ride like hell!!! they are really bumpy...

All are going to be bumpy, Skunk2 is tolerable IMO ... Tein coilovers are bumpy too ... You can't expect perfect ride quality.

my friend Nitsan has Skunk 2 coil-overs and Skunk2 camber kit on his 2000 Civic Hatch(EK9) and it rides like hell compared to Dropzone coil-overs... for some reason Skunk2 rides more bumpy than others, but i like that it's fun some times... I Love His Car, It's Quick As Hell!!!

oh yah i meant to post these two numbers.

517-05-0730

DRAG LAUNCH KIT / 1988-00 CIVIC, CRX, DEL SOL (ALL MODELS)

517-05-0740

1988-00 CIVIC, CRX, DEL SOL COILOVER KIT

but since you sed dont get the drag one then i wont. so all i have to do is buy this and put it on and thats it? i dont need a camber kit or ne thing like that?

Dropzone is absolutely horrible. They suck .

I have the Dropzone lowring springs on my car with the Tokico gas Shocks... It rides really great and not so bumpy. I dont think ill ever change the dropzone lowering springs, unless i can get the HKS Hypermax Dampering system! :laugh: that'll never happen.

Archived