OBD1 Question

d-block97

i am lookin at buying an obd1 jdm motor for my '97 civic ex. what upgrades for the wire harness will i need to make it work? i know i should buy a b seris, but i dont have the money, so ne help on this motor would be awsome.

i am lookin at buying an obd1 jdm motor for my '97 civic ex. what upgrades for the wire harness will i need to make it work? i know i should buy a b seris, but i dont have the money, so ne help on this motor would be awsome.

your gona need to get an 0bd2 to 0bd1 jumper harness

if your car is a 97 than that means it is a OBD2 car. and it shouldnt mean nothin when it comes to what motor you wanna put in it. Stands for ON BOARD DIAGNOSTIC and its only for reading your faults in your PCM. 94 and 95 are OBD1 and 96 and newer are OBD2.Like he said you just need the wiring harness conversion , i know people tha have made thier own.

if your car is a 97 than that means it is a OBD2 car. and it shouldnt mean nothin when it comes to what motor you wanna put in it. Stands for ON BOARD DIAGNOSTIC and its only for reading your faults in your PCM. 94 and 95 are OBD1 and 96 and newer are OBD2.Like he said you just need the wiring harness conversion , i know people tha have made thier own.

how much do they usually run? pricewise that is

save your money dude and buy a b series make your life way easier . My bud has a 96 civic hatch and he wants to put a B18B1 in it(baseline integra). Our friend who works for a car parts place has made him a jumper and it works fine but why bother gettin into it really for a few more bucks you get somin not only more compatible and with more power and more options for future tuning.

Archived