Smoke coming out of my AC Vent???

Nick8539

Hey guys I have a 97 DX Hatchback and there is smoke coming out of my vents when i hit about 70 or 80, usually happens in the expressway.

Should I be concerned? It doesnt smell or anything and it still cools and its not all that much, but i do notice it coming out of there.

Any help would be appreciated regarding this issue.

its from the ac condencer. It gets so cold that it blows like fog out. Its probubly not good b/c my moms mustang started doin that and then i started dripping water fron under the dash when the thing warmed up and all the frost melted off. I would probubly get it checked out

It can also just be happening when the air has a lot of moisture in it (high humidity). The condenser condenses water along with air and then it gets blown through the vents and becomes liquid again when it hits the warm air. I have had it happen in two different cars. It happened when it was really humid and that was it. No problems or anything. If it happens continuously for a while, then I'd have it checked out. If it only happens intermittently, then I probably wouldn't worry about it unless it starts dripping under the dash like AM said.

Archived