Total Newb 05 Si

ZimFistOfDoom

Hey everybody, i'm a total newb here, first time on a forum, first time with a honda, and first time modifying a performance car and not one of my wranglers. I have an 05 civic Si, and i want to mod it, but don't really know what i can do to it. Any recomendations or suggestions would be great, i'm open to all kinds of ideas. Thanks for the help!

Ok first off try to start with the Cold Air intake pretty easy to do. Its a DIY Job. New headers either from DC Sports or GREDDY headers. High Flow CAT. New catback. The APEXI N1 sounds great it doesn't have that high pitched pissed off lawnmower sound. All of that will set you back a little bit but if you have to money shoot for that first than start with your internals (CAM Gears, Turbo,)

don't worry about me adding miles to it, i plan to do that before anything else. i appreciate the info on what i can do to the car, but when did this post ever mention about adding pictures? anyway, back to my question. any other recomendationsas far as the muffler goes? i want something that sounds deep, more like formula, less like angry lawnmower. i'm interested in the apex, but a website with a soundboard would be nice. any recomendations?

Screw that man. I'd rather build the K20 in his SI than a B18C or B16A. As far as exhaust if you go with good name brand exhaust it will sound pretty good. Greddy EVO 2 will be a louder exhaust and the SP2 will be a quiter exhaust. Skunk2 also has good sounding exhausts. Don't replace the muffler do the whole catback.

true you can keep the car for ....oh about 4 more years till the price on K series swap drops to human price levels , lol. until than go with whats easiest. keep it simple is what i say. but i agree B16 dont get me wrong , i have an 01 Si and my plans are the same someday i will have a Kseries engine to play with , but at this moment no word of a lie i been checkin papers and ads and dealerships almost everyday for a GSR integra or civic SiR.

okay so you have a 2005 honda civic hatch (EP3)??? thats the friggin car that i've wanted since it came out... them things are soo clean!!! alright if i was you get a spoon sports air filter(wont void your warranty, already looked into it) just get minor things that you are sure of that wont void your warranty... like little stuff until you're sure that you want to put some real money into the car... like HKS turbo and all that pant creamin stuff, LMAO!!! :laugh: oh yeah a really good thing that sounds great on the EP it the HKS cat-back exaust, because if you have a noise restriction in your area the HKS exaust is really deep and low in low RPM's and when you get up around 5,000 to 6,000 RPM ot starts to scream bloody murder! they sound awesome, a buddy of mine has a EP also with the HKS cat... it has a really clean and clear sound to it... ill post back when i find more things that for sure wont void your warranty... oh yeah also check http://www.inlinefour.com/ they have alot of things for the 2005 hatch also... GOOD LUCK!!!

i like wrx's but the engine design(flat4cyl), is the same design as the VW bug, lol , and i cant help but think it sounds like a vw bug ,lol. i know there fast look good and all that , but it sounds like a bug,hahaha.

Archived