b16a civic... Unable to start. Clifford alarm is screwey!!&#33

CRXSSIVE

I just bought a civic 1991 b16 with a clfford arrow 3 alarm system, the previous owner told me that the alarm likes to go off by itself for no reason after the car has been locked up & the only way to bypass random false alarms was to disconnect the alarm's negative post which was also hooked on the battery...

yesterday, & 4 am I had no idea where my keys were, so I popped the hood & ripped the wires from the siren :| so then... no more siren but just flashy lights... I eventually found the keys & disarm the system. =) . I started er up after that & was pleased!!

This morning I go to start it up nothing happened . I started to play with the negative terninal from the clifford alarm that's hooked up to the batterie's negative terminal & the alarm does activate(the red led in the car flashes) I then disarm the car & take it to work successfully.

@ work I keep the engine running & do an engine shampoo. just concentrating the water on the intake manifold & engine With a covered distributor & also making sure the battery & fuse box are dry. I blow dry er up. shut off ignition & get ready to go home. I try to start the car again & nothing happens the battery is good, BUT the arming light of the alarm doesnot come on, I've tried cleaning the terminals, checking the fuses, ... but all in vain. The alarm led doesnot come on ... any help... My car is still stuck @ work!!! is there any way to by pass this ???

your help will be greatly appreaciated!!

sounds like the previous owner prob did the install himself. Um..shoot I don't know what to tell you. So your car doesn't start? Does the headlight/radio turn on? If so then something is wrong your starter or alternator...see if you can get a jump start? If your radio/headlight doesn't turn on then you need a new battery.

It most likely has a starter interuptor on it. Check the wires that run from the alarm and see if there is one that runs to the starter and if there is try to take it off. That should work. Most alarms have a starter desengaging mechanism built into the which usually runs from the alarm to a relay that runs into the starter. give that a shot and if that works than take the alarm off.

Mail the alarm to me and i will take your problems off your hands lol.... :D

go under your dash and find the brain of the alarm and rip the bastard out. the cars a 90 so i cant see the alarm havin any power shut off to the vehicle anyhow. in any case if alarm is prolem than eliminating alarm=car runnin again.

go under your dash and find the brain of the alarm and rip the bastard out. the cars a 90 so i cant see the alarm havin any power shut off to the vehicle anyhow. in any case if alarm is prolem than eliminating alarm=car runnin again.

If it has a starter disengaging relay you still have to pull the relay out (unless it is contained in the alarm itself) mine wasn't but anyway not trying to knock you down or anything just thought i would put my opinion in.

I did a battery test, its a good battery. The lights & radio work just fine when the key is in the on position. I took out the glove box & disconnected the clifford brain & it still won't start up & think the alarm is hooked up to the starter cuz when I do crank it, it goes click & nothing happens. I'll try taking out the relay out the alarm realy. that's the only thing I haven't tried.

I did a battery test, its a good battery. The lights & radio work just fine when the key is in the on position. I took out the glove box & disconnected the clifford brain & it still won't start up & think the alarm is hooked up to the starter cuz when I do crank it, it goes click & nothing happens. I'll try taking out the relay out the alarm realy. that's the only thing I haven't tried.

That sounds like your starter there. Take your starter off and have it tested. I can almost say for sure it sounds like your starter

Archived