how to modify a d16a9

sambagreen

hi guys just wondering what internal mods i could do to my d16a9 del sol, like doit yourself things, i already have an intake, direct 2-inch exhaust, coolant lines disconnected from the throttle body, and nothing else, one of my friends had an MR-2 (4-AGE) and he told me he took out like some kind of part in the valves i don´t now what it is he just told me they were like the throttle body butterfly but like very little ones in each valve or something like that i really don´t now how to explain but if someone get the idea please help me, my question is would it help or it´ll damage the engine?? or well just help with some homemade mods that you´ve done. that will help me a lot thanks for the your time guys.... :crazy:

i used to have a couple of mr2's, what he had is completely different, that is a wierd kind of form of vvti, i forget what its called, it has a set of butterfly valves on every other intake runner, at a certain rpm those valves open letting more air into the motor, your motor has nothing like that, if you want to upgrade internals, just look for pistons and rods, if you want turbo, you are going to want a lower compression whereas if you want NA, get higher, remember if you have a turbo or a high compression to use better gas

also look into getting a cam and maybe adjustable cam gear, look for valves/springs...etc, what obd is your motor? is it vtec? i dunno i havent heard of the d16a9. but that old toyota motor has nothing to do with yours.

well friends,xalexjx@yahoo.com you´re completely right is a honda del sol european spec, it´s a D16A9 ( zc engine ), í´m from panama, it´s a 1994 bought here in panama, but they came europe spec, don´t know why..., and EH6TunerDaniel, you are also right that´s what i was trying to explain thank´s for your help bud because i was going to have this guy taking out the valve cover tomorrow to look at it, but know that you told me that obiously no, thanks for your help, i have a 1.5-1.6 turbo from a alfa romeo, but it´s really my dad´s and he don´t whant to give it to me because he say im going to kill myself and all that shid jajajaajaja, but well for know ím planning to work on a N/A project i whant 200 hp N/A, next week i´m buying a skunk 2 chiped ecu and cams for it, right now it have direct 2" inch exhaust, short ram intake, wondering which spark plugs you reccomend me i was thinking on NGK iridium plugs and MSD DIS-2 with msd cables,´well any help guys like tricks or something please email me, thanks for the help EH6TunerDaniel....

You should be able to use the JDM ZC parts and probably the Rover 200/400 series parts from the early 90's. Not everything on the USDM 86-89 Integra will work in that motor.

Is yours fuel injected or do you have the twin carbs & no catalytic converter?

• 7 months later...
it´s a OBD I and the ecu is a P-29-T01.. also a europe ecu that is very crapty that´s why i´m buying the P-28 chipped with the skunk 2...

Is it possible to fix another model ECU into this car? I have the same car and Im looking for an ECU coz mine is busted. Incase your buying another one, would you sell the stock one to me?

Is it possible to fix another model ECU into this car? I have the same car and Im looking for an ECU coz mine is busted. Incase your buying another one, would you sell the stock one to me?

If youre looking to tune, go with Hondata or Neptune after you get another ECU.

Archived