Installing Short Shifter

JDM_ef9

you'll have to unbolt the one side, but no don't completely remove it. There should be 2 bolts (maybe 3) and then you can move the shift linkage down and pull the shifter out. You should probably replace the shifter bushings w/ urethane ones while you are under there. Doesn't take anymore time and only costs another $10. Definately worth the money.

unbolt linkage from engine , one bolt , unbolt from shift lever , one bolt , 4 10 mm bolts holdin shift lever in hole , drops right out. be sure to grease the ball on the new lever , and sometimes its a pain to get new lever into the rubber boot without plastic cup that holds ball dont break it be patient.

new short throw lever should have a bearing actually , and you should use the 2 rubbers that go on either side of the bottom point of the lever. Sometimes the new lever is not quite as wide as the factory linkage end(ebay crap), so washers will fill the gap.

follow my steps dude its a simple mod and very effective for making your car little sportier feeling and most hondas ive put them on had a drastic difference in the throw. Yours is an 88 i think you said , very easy man.

new short throw lever should have a bearing actually , and you should use the 2 rubbers that go on either side of the bottom point of the lever. Sometimes the new lever is not quite as wide as the factory linkage end(ebay crap), so washers will fill the gap.

E-Bay stuff really does suck!! Expecially intakes!! It's totally worth the name brands, although I've gotten name brands on e-bay for a fraction of the price. No Name= No Good

I have no problem with you calling someone out on a dead thread, but you have to get some thigns staright first. This isn't a dead forum, these things are called threads. Second, this was not a dead thread, because it was only 6 days ago that the last response came. Nice try.

Haha, I laughed out loud on that one. I'm glad someone is with me on this one.

Honestly, I don't care if you don't capitalize or end sentences with punctuation, but at least try and make sense with your post. The only person I will not correct is Batman, his spelling is absolutely horrible.

Archived