Camber kit

onthefloor

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not to bring up an old thread but i'm still confused as to how cambers work and exactly what they do. I'm assuming that camber kits correct wheel angle? but if you get your wheel aligned how does that still affect things?

I'll try and explain it best I can. Camber is the angle of the wheel in perspective to the car. If the top of the wheel leans in, that's negative camber. If the top leans out that's posititve camber. When you lower your car it makes your car have negative camber, so a camber kit is needed. Toe and Caster are also important and deal with the angle of the shock, if the wheel is aligned in the wheel well, etc.... The camber kit I installed fixed my camber but messed up the caster and toe a little. When I had it aligned they put all of it back to spec.

thanks guys...what would you say? spend the couple hundred on a camber kit for this

T1_-1_1348163.JPG

or just try to get it aligned as it is...i wanna get new lca's front and rear and uca's for the front...what do you guys think?

yeah...i just started putting money away for that a little while ago...but I have to go get a direct quote and crap....if only i knew people like solles did...i don't wanna have to pay 3k for that....i could most likely sand a lot of it off myself and bondo over it to smooth the lines but i'm way too lazy for it...

Archived