Camber kit

onthefloor

Batman, go with 16's and a 45 series tire. You will be much happier. I'd say spend the extra 100 dollars and buy a camber kit. In the long run, camber kits pay for themselves becuase you didn't have to buy three new sets of tires.

B16- your right. Honda didn't use the macphearson set up until the newer gens like the 02+. The noob said it right. He said they have a non-macphearson set up. I don't know why he called it that, it's called a coilover set up.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

once again people just lookin to shoot down others tryin to help people but its not needed on his application simple as that. wise man once said dont fix it if it aint broken.

This is just discussion. Nobody is trying to shoot anyone down. He has 99 civic, so he has a coilover setup which will need a camber kit for the front. I know because my car is starting to get camber wear from not having a camber kit and I have the same type of suspension as him, and I'm dropped about 1.5".

in any case i agree putting kit on front is not a bad idea just rear needs it most. and by the way your both wrong civics got macpherson setup in 01.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This is just discussion. Nobody is trying to shoot anyone down. He has 99 civic, so he has a coilover setup which will need a camber kit for the front. I know because my car is starting to get camber wear from not having a camber kit and I have the same type of suspension as him, and I'm dropped about 1.5".

Since we are on the discussion...i've been asking around like mad for info on my BuddyClub coils...whether to set the damper higher or lower-right now it is set @ 8...just put them in today-a littel bouncy...had an alignment done and may possibly need a camber kit as well??? what's recommended? It's an '01 civic ex sedan :crazy:

Jen.

If you are lowered than a camber kit would be good to make your tires last longer. There are a lot of companies that make kits like Ingalls, SKunk 2, OmniPower, Blox, and even some adjustable bushings on ebay. We put the adjustable bushings in my dad's gsr and it worked great.....but he's only dropped about an inch. You'll have to get your car re-aligned again when you put the camber kit on too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just to do it...

and Omnipower coils are too low, i just helped my buddy take his Omnipower Coil-overs off his ITR and we put Apex'i N1 coils on, looks much better,its not too low, also rides softer...:thumbsup:

if your friend doesn't know how to raise coilovers or coilover sleeves up, tell him to sell his ITR and get a Pinto.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah no i dont think so, he had them raised all the way up and his header was scratching the ground... i think i would know i mean i did take them off and try and raise it more but they wouldnt, now he is selling them for $100 he hated them they rode too hard...

yeah no i dont think so, he had them raised all the way up and his header was scratching the ground... i think i would know i mean i did take them off and try and raise it more but they wouldnt, now he is selling them for $100 he hated them they rode too hard...

You told us a lot by saying "i did take them off and try and raise it more" because you don't take coilover's off to raise them. Try turning them the other direction cause you probably lowered them instead of raising them.

You told us a lot by saying "i did take them off and try and raise it more" because you don't take coilover's off to raise them. Try turning them the other direction cause you probably lowered them instead of raising them.

Hmm thats funny because the car did raise up about half an inch...MAN i really lowered it didnt I?

Haha, right. Plus, it doesn't say much saying that YOU helped him.

and if anyone is a tool its you because you try and use that damn word too much, just because you get thrashed at home doenst mean that you can come here and try and take it out on someone else...

Did i ever say i knew everything, no i didnt... actually i think alot of people dont like you because you're such a freakin prick...

You find a post where i said i knew everything and I'll leave without saying anything... That's not going to happen because i have never said that...

Archived