Camber kit

onthefloor

Hey wuzp guys I have a 99 civic Dx coupe dropped on Ground control Coilovers and Kyb shocks. Right now im riding on 18 " rims with 215 35 r18 inch tires. My tires are cambering like crazy. So i guess im gonna have to spend money on a camber kit. I know nothing what so ever about camber kits. So i was hoping you guys can help me out here. Is this a good camber kit?? WHat should i look for for it to be considered a good kit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CIVIC...022381063QQrdZ1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i believe camber kits are set to a certain degree. if you have coilovers and adjust it all the time then the cambers would be useless, right?

You are somewhat right, but that makes a lot of sense. I don't have coilovers, that's why I have one. They wouldn't be useless, but you would have to align them everytime you adjusted the height (more than likely)

• 1 month later...
All you need is adjustable bushings. You can get the bushings camber kit for around $80. Put them in my dad's GSR and had it aligned and camber is now perfect with no problems after a year so far.

i have a question... how many honda/acura's does your dad have? I've read in another thread that he has a S2000 also? a GSR, S200 and your Del Sol VTEC? J/W???

Wrong again. I own a 95 del sol vtec. My dad owns a 2001 S2000 with a veilside body kit, a 2000 Integra gsr with quite a few mods, and a 2005 Civic EX Special Edition. My dad used to own the del sol (stock then), but I bought it about a year ago. I was going to sell my del sol and buy the GSR, but then I hit a vulture at 70 mph and caved in my front fender.

that camber kit looks fine dude , although i wouldnt bother buyin a camber kit for the front of your ride. the rear is where its needed the most. And when you get a camber kit for the rear dont even bother gettin your car aligned , just make the wheels straight up and down as you can by eye dude it will be fine . use front wheels as reference. your car has non macpherson setup so that means your front has dual control arms one upper , one lower , and this keeps your wheels cambered under flex. the rear on the other hand the lower you go the more they will lean in.

Archived