NANKANG TIRES

onthefloor

I was rocking kuhmo way back before anybody has heard of them. They were dirt dirt cheap back then. Now they're "popular" they jack up the price..i hate that. I had sumitumo tires too but those didn't last as long as the kuhmo supra i had. Now I am rolling on some continental and they're pretty decent...cheap too.

Sumitomo HTZR2's are as cheap or cheaper than the kuhmos and are awesome. Very sticky tire with decent tread life. My favorite tires I've had to date are the HTZR2's.

These tires run about $80 something a piece for a 205/40/ZR17. I've actually seen them on sale for less than that at tire rack before. We ran a few sets of these on the integra and got 20,000 miles on a set with camber wear the whole 20,000 miles. Plus they're so sticky that when you stop after driving accross town you'll have pebbles stuck to the tire until they cool down. They would still be on the integra if they weren't strictly summer tires. Got a good Yokohama Avid H4S right now and they work pretty good too but cost a little bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

1. is your car lowered... how much?

2. yes, go with 16's or 17's.

3. a camber kit would help out GREATLY if your car is lowered a bunch, but if its just dropped like an inch or less like mine, go to a really good alignment shop after you switch rim size and get a good alignment for the front and back.

if your car is lowered less than an inch or not at all, then an alignment and smaller rims SHOULD take the tire wear away. i did this without a camber kit, and .95" lowering, 17's, front and rear alignment, AND the goddamn NANKANG tires, with NO tire wear at all.

IMO, the nankangs are DECENT, but dont expect to hook up with them. they got OK traction and great tread wear, but you cant hook up worth crap.

will be going with kuhmos this year :thumbsup:

My car is dropped about 2.5 inches or more with ground control coilovers. I am definitely looking for a camber kit but I have no idea which to get? I dont know anything about them. Im guessing i need a front and rear kit correct?? I was looking at this one.... Any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CIVIC...022381063QQrdZ1

• 2 months later...
Sumitomo HTZR2's are as cheap or cheaper than the kuhmos and are awesome. Very sticky tire with decent tread life. My favorite tires I've had to date are the HTZR2's.

I agree, I put them on the rear of my 240 all of the time... They last a long time for how sticky they are, and also side to side wall flex is very good too. Super good buy for someone on a budget or a burnout addict.

Archived