30 Min Solution To 2000 & Up Rear 6x9 Install

real simple... popped the grills off and went into the trunk and used a pliers to pull off the 4 plastic pieces that the 4 speaker screws screw into from above.. then pulled the speaker out of the top.. dropped the other speaker in used 4 metal retaining clips(had them from a long time ago) screwed 2 screws from the top the easy ones.. then turned the clips around and screwed the 2 hard ones from the bottom made my own adaper to connect the speakers then put the grill back on up top and VIOLA... speaker installation.. 6x9 3 ways.. if anyone else thinks they have to pull the WHOLE rear panel assembly out.. they are very mistaken and just e mail me so i can show u a 30 min install..

Phil

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

that's for just about any vehicle with a trunk actually, he's right, rear speakers of that nature are the easiest to install. I'd bet you could do it in even less time too! I watched a guy replace 4 speakers in a cadillac in under 12 minutes and he had to crimp wires and make small adjustments to the terminals on each speaker assembly.

• 1 year later...

wait, so those grills in the back of the 00' civic pop off? i was trying to do it but it was in there pretty good although there was a good sign it could come off. if so can you get some pics on how you do this and what tools you used and where to put them. thanks.

• 9 months later...
real simple... popped the grills off and went into the trunk and used a pliers to pull off the 4 plastic pieces that the 4 speaker screws screw into from above.. then pulled the speaker out of the top.. dropped the other speaker in used 4 metal retaining clips(had them from a long time ago) screwed 2 screws from the top the easy ones.. then turned the clips around and screwed the 2 hard ones from the bottom made my own adaper to connect the speakers then put the grill back on up top and VIOLA... speaker installation.. 6x9 3 ways.. if anyone else thinks they have to pull the WHOLE rear panel assembly out.. they are very mistaken and just e mail me so i can show u a 30 min install..

Phil

hi there, im trying to install my speakers for 96-00 civic. i saw one of your posting from a few years back. could you send me the 30 min install instrctns. thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...