Check engine on CRV. need catalytic converter. Please Help!

my sister needs a Catalytic conveter for her 2002 Honda CRV, so they say. Anyway the dealer is quoting some insane price. they said the part has to come from california. The check engine light came on.

I was telling her she should get a universal and change the O2 sensor.

She has a 2002 Honda CRV 5spd

Vin# JHLRD77852C045889

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not positive about the 5spd part, but I'm pretty sure.

any suggestions about the converter part, and where to get it and prices? putting it on isn't an option. She's in GA, and I'm in MD and there's not too much time. the kicker was the "dealer" cost for the part.

thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
im in georgia... where's she live? what area?d

did you check the sensor cable ( plug)

i have the same problem and i worked on it for 1 full day , found out that the sensore plugs got loose ( even so you see them connected ) >

release the front ( before catalic) sensor plug , clean it , tighten the clips and re-connect it , then ( while the engine is off) release one of the battries plugs for at least 30 seconds , and re- connect it, the MIL (engine) light should go off .. if not do the same for the rear sensor

munjed

yeah definitely ... i wasn't sure that they had made them in 5 speed

CRV's come in 5-speed only on the EX model for the record... I was looking at getting one a while back... You don't really find them sitting around on and car lots. Tell her to hang on to that one!

Archived