subs in house

dcletten

i took my stereo out of my car, so its just sittin in the corner of my room. what i have is apower acoustik 1200 watt amp, and two kenwood 750w 12" subs, and i wanteed to hook them up to my computer stereo, the amp does have a low passcrossover built in so i can just run RCAs from the stereo to my amp. but what would i need for the power side of it, cheapest possible, or just tell me what i should be looking for. thnx

You can't run your amp inside your house unless you do some kind of dc to ac conversion. You need to get a home stereo amp and then build a box for the subs and put mids and highs in it so it sounds decent. Also, home stereos run at 8 ohm so if you have a dual 4 ohm sub, then wire them together as 8ohm each. If not, then run them 4 ohm, just be careful not to burn up your amp if running them hard.

all i need to know is the power part, i know how im gonna hook it up sothat it will work fine without me blowing anything, i just need to know if theres an easier way to power it than spending 130 on a power inverter

I'm not even sure that a power inverter would work. Even if you get power to it, how do you plan to tie in to the computer. I think you would need some kind of preamp to bridge between the computer and the amp. Just by a cheap stereo amp made for home audio. It would be cheaper and much easier, and sound better.

my brother got a sweet sound system for his college dorm at staples for $99. hooks up to his computer. leave the subs and amp you got for your car. if youre gonna spend 130 on an inverter its a waste

Archived