Stuck at school

dan1sol

Hi everyone, Im having problems with my 1993 Honda del sol. The good news is it starts. The bad news is that it has a weird shake to it, when i give it the gas the car jerks more and more. When I put it in gear, it goes but it is so jerky, really hard to explain. To make matters worse I am stuck at school where I dont have the tools to work on it.

In the past I have had the same problem and once it runs for about 5 minutes it will begin to run fine, but not this time. Once in the past the same thing happend (would not self correct) and I took apart the fuel injectors to find out that one was clogged. Unclogged (with carb cleaner) and has ran great for over a year. car has 116,000 miles on it and i put fuel injector cleaner every 2000 miles. I use middle grade BP fuel. Anyone else having this problem? Do you think I should try to replace the fuel filter? Anyone know if its safe to drive home over 60 miles on the expressway?

Hey Everyone here is the update. I got the del sol running great in less than 20 minutes once I had all the right tools. First located which cylinder wasnt firing. Next I put the problem down to one fuel injector. I shot carb cleaner in it. Put the fuel rail back together, turned the key and walla started right up. Anyone have any idea how or why this happends once a year? Anyone else having this problem?

Archived