Can you add power steering?

Angeleyez

yes, it is possible ... waste of time/money, but possible ... rip the unit out of a del sol, ebay, or on google like 97accordjdm said in the other post ... you have rackinpinion steering ... which is fine once you start moving ... but if you wanted to ... you can

Well I am a girl... and I'm tired of trying my hardest to turn the wheel when I get started. I don't want to go through much troubles, so if it's too much to add it I'll leave it as is. This is my 2nd car that I pretty drive ont he weekend I have a BMW 325 for my everyday car. I just can't find it in myself to get rid of my Sol.

+1 to all replies. i hate neons. i despise them, but when i am offered the keys to a mid 14 sec car ill take them. the seats are nice, the tranny shifts well, the gauges are good, the boost is soooooooo nice, and the bbs wheels and goodyear tires grip pretty well. basically it was what i wouldnt expect from a neon. i still hate neons, but at least it was quick. btw FMIC <STOCK>

Still looks like a neon. That's where they went wrong. Should have intorduced a new model with a new look to distinguish it. Then, I might have considered getting one, but no way in hell would I drive something that resembles a neon, even if it's named something different.

That's pretty much how I feel. I know too many mechanics who have all said to stay away from dodge products, including a couple of mechanics in my family.

But, I can't help but wonder if their products are getting better now that they are using a lot of parts/engineering from Mercedes.

Yeah, when I first got my del sol I was at a stoplight next to one (my del sol was stock). I didn't realize he was wanting to race until it turned green and he spun and took off. I got on it and caught up with him but I wasn't pulling away from him much at all. Would be a different story now though. My sol pulls so much harder than when I first got it.

Archived