H23 into 96 civic Ex. Please Help....i'm a newbie....

stevevangst

Guys I need help on this one, i'm new to honda's and I have like little to no idea how to put a 92 H23 into my 96 civic ex...I need info please if you guys can help.....Please tell me what I need (EVERYTHING) and what I need to buy like mounts and axis and all....also wiring ecu etc....thanks alot guys....hope to get as much info as possible....thanks guys.

also I have the whole prelude, it is side swiped, so I have the complete 92 prelude and need the motor into my 96 civic.

BTW. both are AUTO'S.....

You need a mount kit for an H22.

For the rest, there is this thing called research.

THANKS FOR BEING SMART......I already try searching, everything I come up with are H22 in civic's.....I need H23 into civic do you understand? I"m sure they are different in some way.....I know I need mounts but what about the other crap I need???....

nope not that hard.. why would you want to go with a h23 instead of an h22?

i like h22 better.. just my opinion but do you have the engine in another car just sitting there and figured hey, i'll get a lot of power if i take this engine and put it in my civic..

nope not that hard.. why would you want to go with a h23 instead of an h22?

i like h22 better.. just my opinion but do you have the engine in another car just sitting there and figured hey, i'll get a lot of power if i take this engine and put it in my civic..

well I have a 92 prelude that got into a crash and now I have a civic. so yea it's like you said....I know h22 are way better but for now i'll work with the h23...

So tell me guys, is there any hard wiring involve or what I should need to know about wiring it up?

• 2 weeks later...
guys quick question? What wiring do I use if I want to in my swap, the civic's to run the h23 or the h23 and rewire to fit the civic?

alright guys, Please help me here, I need to know how I wire up my H23 into my 96 civic. I have got all wires done, using the D16 wire harness. Now I'm at the step of doing the distribitor, how the hell do I wire that up, they are nothing alike, the d16 has 7 wires and the H23 has 8 wires on the distribitor (not including the coil wires). Now what goes where and what do I need? Please Help....

Archived