Exhaust on 99 civic

Hey I have a 99 civic dx and i have a cold air intake along with header i put in today. I got it and it sounds like a lawnmore!! What do I do so that i have a nice deep tone? I know i need a muffler but i want a nice deep tone what would you recommend?

mine does that too right now, mine is because there is an exhaust leak coming from where my header and cat come together, i just have to replace the bolts and tighten it up. try to see if your getting an exhaust leak there, if not i dunno what to tell you

apexi ws2 everyone seems to be happy with, apexi n1 is good but you have to get a custom size and everything.. cant just order it offline.. greddy sp2 is good. there are a lot more.. just search for the sound clips on google.com

good luck :thumbsup:

personally i say go with the apex n1, thats what i have, its a really nice deep tone, havent heard anything like it on a civic

but as for the header thing, i replaced the spting bolts and everything sounds fine, just like it used to before the header, except now its a little more racey sounding

• 1 month later...

Archived