F22B1 vs. F22B2

integraboss15

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

why does every1 think if u put a vtec head on u have vtec????? to do a frankenstein swap u need the vtec computer the vtec water pump the vtec throttle body the vtec selenoid and then u have to tap in a oil line to the vtec then u also have to wire in the vtec from ur nonvtec wire harness i wouldnt try this if u are a novice

• 1 month later...
haha.. isnt it valve technology?

Who ever said v-tec/vteq thats powerful stuff...i hope ur being stupid because theres only one thing thats its called and its vtec...there is no other substitue-v-tec,vtak, etc. For one thing vtec is a oil pressure silonoid that activates a rod that allows the vtec lobes on the cam to open the valves further to allow more floe intake and exhuast.

f22b2 is better to turbo due to better flow than the f22b1

who the hell told you that? theyre the same engine, same flow (or lack thereof), only one has vtec, the other doesnt. the f22b2 is generally favored over the b1 for turbo because its easier to tune, not worrying about vtec related issues. vtec doesnt do much in a turboed car, you sorta give up that function.

You can put an F22B1 head onto a F22B2 block, I plan to do the same to my accord. All you need to do is swap head, ecu, and wiring harness and run a wire for Vtec, or so I was told by the people at Honda-Tech. But for all the trouble, I'de rather swap in a better flowing head with better cams, like an H22A1 head. Plus DOHC Vtec > SOHC vTack y0o.

vtec requires oil pressure, so you'll need an external oil line from the block to the head to activate vtec.

I've never heard of putting a DOHC head on a SOHC block....hmm

Archived