honda slang

Humphries

all honda engines have b16, d15, f22 engine codes and stuff this means a b16 is a 1.6 liter engine with 1600 cc's. and so on with all the others

JDM- a car made in japan, manufactured in japan, and has all japan parts with no body kits or anything.

USDM- how a car comes when it is manufactured in USA.

psi- pounds per square inch

rims- wheels (the metal part)

wing- spoiler (should only be used on rear wheel drive cars due to front wheel drive cars dont need them because spoilers keep the rear wheels on the ground for more traction)

POS- piece of crap

ricey- a car that has unnecessary stupid things on it that give no use or value to the car. (body kits, chrome rims, 18s on a honda, color stripes on the tires, double wings, color tint, decals, and stickers that you dont have installed on your car)

more people fill in some more definitions..haha

B16's are not 1600cc's.

Wings are good for FWD's. They keep the rearend stable under high speed braking.

Si has optional 18's, it's ricey. I colored the Azenis and Flaken on my tires, I'm a ricer.

what ccs do the b16s have.

wings dont need to be big crap double wing off the back just to stabilize the rear end on FWD cars.

and i meant the stripes on the tires where people get them and leave blue or red marks when they burn out.

WRONG:

wing- spoiler (should only be used on rear wheel drive cars due to front wheel drive cars dont need them because spoilers keep the rear wheels on the ground for more traction)

The spoiler is NOT for rear wheels drive cars only. TRUE it keeps the wheels forced to the pavment at high speeds but that has nothing to do with the drive wheels. If you are racing (real racing not on an indistrial street) and are taking a turn at 120MPH...those back wheels need to be planted to matter where your drive wheels are. If they are lifting you are going to spin right the FU@K on out.

SPoilers are not just on the rear (I'm sure this has to be known by most of you) Front air dams keep the front lowerd at high speed to resist lift and depending on cut out direction increas brake cooling and radiator air flow.

WHEEL or RIM- is what the tire fits on, not to be confuse with a rotor where the brakes apply presure.

If your front end it catchin the air and being forced down with your front spoiler design and the back end is lifting. The back end is going to slide right from underneath you. Watch a stock car racing accidnt. I have seen plenty where the rear spoiler was not adjusted to right amount of degree and the back slid out and went straight into the wall.

i've done 120+mph on the highway..and i've never felt like i lost control of my old hatch..i did has Tokikos Strusts with Tien springs though..strut bar..and rear sway bar...but while taking turns at 120..i still felt like i had control of the car..and there was no slidding of any sort

These are street cars, not race cars so the physics are totally different.

dynamics. vehicle dynamics are different, physics are the same.

i've done 120+mph on the highway..and i've never felt like i lost control of my old hatch..i did has Tokikos Strusts with Tien springs though..strut bar..and rear sway bar...but while taking turns at 120..i still felt like i had control of the car..and there was no slidding of any sort

you're taking highway turns at 120, highways have built in factors of saftey. and everyone feels "in control" until they lose control. running your car at its limits on public streets is not only dumb its irresponsible.

running your car at its limits on public streets is not only dumb its irresponsible.

very very very true. i dont and dont really want to get over 90 in my car.. the reason i get to 90 is because atlanta traffic is averaging 85mph - 100mph so i have to be at least 90.

i have gotten to 118 (governor cut off) many times i just choose not to and i really dont see any point getting there.

well..if it takes 30 mins to hit 100...u get scared on the highway

but when your car hit 120 in less than 30 seconds..u can't help but to just give it gas

i never said i do 100 on public streets

i never speed in the streets...only highway/racing strip

Archived