engine swap, need help

trevorb05

im new to this so what would be the best engine for an engine swap. i have a 00 civic hx, which engine will be the easiest to install b16, b18, or what. next, are the motor mounts the same or will i have to make new ones. also i already have a 5 spd trany on my civic right now will it fit on a b16 or not. also, will the electronics be the same for a b16 as my stock engine or will have to get new wiring for it. and finally is there any other things i need to buy to get it all working besides an ecu, meaning will my stock setup now be ok for the new engine.

i need help please!

ok so if i get a b16 engine, i'll be able to use my stock trany thanks alot but can anyone answer my other questions pertaining to motor mounts, electrical, and anything else i need to get for it all to work thanks alot!

thanks man uve been a big help...i still have one BIG question for ya.....if i get a b16 engine.....will i be able to use my power steering and ac pump from my engine now on it or it wont work..also will everything from my old engine just bolt or plug right in to this new b16 motor...meaning fuel lines and everything else thats gonna be hooked up to this new engine work from my old one...will it or not.

• 1 month later...

I would just through in a b18 whatever one you want for the money and you need pref. gsr mounts work best and ecu and look at you intake manifold for different lines automatic is different other than that is all you need you factory harness works with you new motor.

Archived