Sohc VTEC Vs. Dohc VTEC

Cdizzle_996

the b series will give you a very noticeable change. if you build a d series (cams, pistons, rods, and all other internals and some other stuff like intake, exhaust, header, all the usual. you can keep up with just the stock b series civics.

Neither kicks in. VTEC isn't supposed to kick in, it is supposed to be a smooth transition. If the engine has work done to it and it kicks in, then it isn't set a at optimal RPM.

A SOHC with bolt-ons will keep up with a stock B.

my d16z6 hatch was side by side with b18(ls) hatchback

so itz all about the driver..and the sohc rev's quicker than the B/H series motors

so yes.. a Ls has 142 hp and a d16z6 has 126hp...but...the LS takes longer to rev..therefore..it has 142high rpm hp

• 1 month later...
Yeah i have a b18b in my car i just installed the other day, but i havent really had the oppertunity to "try it out" because is raining, but hopfully soon, it will be Boosted!

It is worth it, get lightened flywheel to that it is worth the money, I have a b18a1 in my 92 hb

Archived