Body building

TLontheDL

Who here works out at the gym regularly?

I have questions regaurding protein drinks. I know protein shakes aren't as great as food rich in protein but thats a different story. What shakes do you guys buy? I use to buy muscle milk and that crap works. Now I decided to try out a different protein shake and bought ON 100% Whey Protein and it sucks. It also tastes like crap too. Any other brand you guys recommend?

I workout every other day, and I have a free membership 8)

I drink muslce milk, I get chocolate with 34g of protein. All the other flavors have 32g. Soooooo good, and it works. I used to take Apex Volumizer pills, but they didn't do much as far as building muscle goes.

yeah muscle milk not only has lots of protein (not sure on the grams but ill have to take a look at the container if i can still find it) but it also does taste like a milk shake. I have to go back and buy it after i finish this container. What do you mix it with? I use water and sometimes fat free milk. sometimes ill use juice

I mix it with milk, because of the 8g of protein milk has. So altogether I get 42g of protein out of it. I drink 1 glass after working out, and 1 glass before I go to sleep.

im 16 and i am 195lbs

bench= 295

squat= 415

power clean= 225

hang clean= 225

jerk= 250

i work out every day

hour and a half during 4th block weight training and 2 hours at world gym every day after work.

i dont take shakes, like xscaraudio said- i just eat a lot of chicken and salad and sometimes for a splurge every other 2 weeks i get a subway sandwich.

i weighed 245 last year and i was a fatass weak bitch.. i love the gym and working out.

I wouldn't call a subway sandwich splurging (depending on what you put on it). I get 2 footlongs every sunday for $10. For me, splurging is getting cheese sticks and fries every friday at school. Having a little fat in your diet actually helps, for mental and physical reasons. Unless you're on a weight loss diet, then you should stay away from fatty foods as much as possible.

thats what im on.. im naturally a fat guy but now that i have slimmed down to a 33 inch waist from my old 38 inches.. i kinda wanna keep the fat outta my diet.

haha

and not eating pisses me off and yelling at noobs takes the pain away. thats why im an ass sometimes.

I've been using Optimum Nutrition's Gold standard 100% protein powder. Two scoops in a glass of milk 4 times a day is like 200 plus grams. Then I take my amino acids 3 times a day. Glutamine before and after my workout. I'm running a typical pyramid scheme, and on the mass building weeks I use creatine monohydrate. Also, Carbs are a must, I take in about 400+ grams of Carbs everyday. I tried Nitrix for a while but NO2 explode seems to provide better results with me. Some of my spotters are using prohormones and anti-estrogen supplements, but this crap gets expensive and I don't want to live off pills and shakes. I also use performance vitamin supplements from Vitamin world, really important to take these if you expect to say any sufficient growth and tone.

I just started btw so these numbers are rather small, but I am definitely seeing gains.

Flat Bench=150

Decline Bench=170

Incline Bench=130

I don't feel like listing the rest cause I have a lot of homework, just want to remind everyone, that if you aren't taking in enough water to keep your urine clear...you might be screwing yourself. Especially if you are taking creatine monohydrate. Weigh yourself before and after workouts and drink at least 16 oz of water per deducted pound and be sure to lay off the carbonated beverages. If anyone has any questions about other products, I'm willing to help...I studied nutrition last semester and have been really interested in a lot of products out their. So I've done a good bit of research.

i lift regularly, and i am bulking hella hard right now. each morning i make protein chake for breakfast/pre-workout. i use AdvantEdge whey protein and mix:

9 ice cubes

1 cup milk

2 scoops chocolate whey

1 heaping spoon of organic peanut butter

and 1 banana

it has like 70+ grams of protien and tastes like a peanut butter cup milkshake. its hella good.

after i lift, i take 1 scoop of whey in water for fast absorption.

and periodically i eat homemade protien bars that yeild about 30g of protien. its hella good, and good w/ milk so you get about 10 more grams protien from milk.

if you want the recipe i can give it to you.

i try to take atleast my body wieghts worth of grams of protien, but aim for closer to double. if your bulking just constantly be eating, tuna,, chicken, shakes, vegies, whatever healthy foods you can get your hands on.

i dont need any more protein than i have right now.. i just need to lose my f*cking gut.

and decline bench sucks ass.. it is so hard to get used to.

i did 185 3x5

but i was dying afterwards.

im so happy now.. i think im top 5 strongest in my weight training class.

• 2 weeks later...

imo protein shakes suck, i like goin with natural in food protein i just eat lots of meats like steak and potatoes chicken pork and anything else. but i guess my strength comes pretty natural too.

im 160lbs and

bench 230

squat 415

hang clean 300

incline bench 215

so if you ask me i think it depends on the person as far as shakes and pills for protein and im only 17 so my body is still young and can handle itself. im sure itll fall off with some time. so just try different food combinations.

imo protein shakes suck, i like goin with natural in food protein i just eat lots of meats like steak and potatoes chicken pork and anything else. but i guess my strength comes pretty natural too.

im 160lbs and

bench 230

squat 415

hang clean 300

incline bench 215

so if you ask me i think it depends on the person as far as shakes and pills for protein and im only 17 so my body is still young and can handle itself. im sure itll fall off with some time. so just try different food combinations.

160lbs and bench 230? thats impressive.. im 165 and can barely push 190. At least i can bench my own weight. :p

SEXYH22: how do you make home made protein bars??

I eat oatmeal every morning and 8oz of whey protein shake. an hour later, i hit the gym every other day. Afterwards, i drink another 8oz of protein shake with my lunch. usually my lunch consist of chicken, scrambled eggs mixed with low fat cottage cheese, and some white sticky rice. Desert Ill have either diced apples/peaches/pair or a banana. the rest of the day i just drink water.

another question, I want to loose this fat around my abdominal area. I use to do cardio before i hit the weights but I hear that you aren't suppose to do cardio at all if you want to get big. or if you just want to be thin, you just do cardio and not hit the weights. What do i do if i want to loose weight and want to tone up? I read that its okay to hit the weights and THEN do cardio. Can any of you fat asses confirm??

If you want to loose weight but still tone/bulk up, you have to change your diet, and stick to it. Get rid of all carbonated drinks, fats (especially saturated), sugars, sodium, and anything else that you can't benefit from. You should still hit the weights, but not too much cardio. Cardio once or twice a week for 20-30 minutes wont hurt you.

my protein bars are as follows i think:

1/2 cup milk

3 cups whole grain oats

1/2 cup natural peanut butter

6 scoops whey

mix it all together in a bowl until it becomes on unifor color/consistancy (takes a while)

then put it in a pan thats been sprayed w/ pam, put some splenda on it.

cut it into 8 bars

like 30 or so grams protien in each one plus its good w/ milk.

16 ounces Natural peanut butter

8 tablespoons honey

six scoops of Optimum Chocolate whey protein powder

1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

Mix the pb and honey in a bowl, microwave on full for 80 secs. Add the rest and mix together. Can add raisins/nuts etc to taste. Smooth into 13x9 tray and leave for 20 mins. Cut into 10 to 12 equal bars and wrap and store in fridge.

This is a great tasting recipe that I modified from one I found on 'bolex

Now here is the breakdown on a batch of the goodies:

Protein: 254 grams

Carbohydrates: 282 grams

Fats: 236 grams

This batch gives you a whopping 4268 calories. Thats right, over 4000 Calories and 250+ grams of protein.

not my recipe, but sounds damn good

• 2 weeks later...

A really good energy/ protein drink is...

BEFORE WORKOUTS

Honeydew

watermelon

and Pro Performance Amino Jac (GNC)

FOR AFTER WORKING OUT

Kiwi

Strawberrys w/ the stem

Banana

Machintosh apple (this is better tasting then all the other types)

& Pro Performance Power load mix from GNC...very good after work out drink

These drinks are my own mix...you can substitute for different fruits i just find these to taste a whole lot better

:thumbsup:

1 hour before working out I take a protein shake, and a couple of slices of bread with peanut butter. During my workout I just drink water. Right after working out I make another protein shake, get a glass of orange juice, a bowl of Kashi GoLean cereal (9g protein), more bread and peanut butter, and whatever else I can find. Eating a lot right after working out is one of the most important things you have to do.

+1 cup sugar

+3 cups milk

+1/2 ice cube

+8 oz. fresh squeezed lime from a three feet tree.

then stir in food killing machine.

then play PSP and go to internet browser, enter honda.co.jp

and then drink a gallon of water and watch your pecks grow..

then smoke some more green. :ph34r:

Archived