HondaForums gone to crap

XScarAudio

It's been like this ever since I've been a member. That's why I go long spells without being on here. crap's too gay! I think that's why nobody else really posts much either. This is a Honda forum, yes, but it's not like most. It's just pretty much kids asking questions. No pepole on here doing lots of builds, tech articles, and all that stuff like a real forum would have.

i am building my motor right now.

Im feeding my child right now. The civic is on hold for a few more months. I've rebuilt many cars, motors, stereos, and a few motorcycles here and there. Can't wait to start work on my car again. Now that she's paid off, the budget has changed :thumbsup:

What are your plans?

I mean nobody really knows anything. They hear something and repeat it. They don't know how to get power, change power curves, tricks to do, etc. Everything is just "put this on your car, this gives you xxx power, this sounds like a good combo because everything is name brand, etc.

Nothing wrong with that (other than the mis-information), but it is annoying to read for me and I dhate seeing piddly topics (what intake, vtec, etc.).

/rant

I entirely understand what you are saying.

Plans and hopes. I haven't fully decided yet because it depends on a few different things. First consideration is that my engine has 130ish-k miles. The thought has been lingering to build up the internals on my engine, sleeve it, new pistons valves etc.. and eventually do a custom turbo setup on the D16Y8.....killing a few birds at one time. ALso, there are a bunch of shops down here that'll port the head etc for virtually no $ (gotta love miami)

The other thought is to start with a fresh platform...maybe a b16, maybe a b18 and build form there because it will be lower milage to begin with (and less risky of failure on the parts I don't replace) and then decide on which path to take.

Also, I waited out doing suspension when i was up north b/c of the weather, so that is in the near future. Gonna do a good streetable setup, but haven't researched what yet.

When you're ready, hit me up, I'll hook you up on all the parts, including sleeving. Avoid shops in Miami. If I haven't heard of them, they suck. I'd only send my head to RLZ or Rocket Motorsports.

Hell, I have a spare Y8 sitting here...

I mean nobody really knows anything. They hear something and repeat it. They don't know how to get power, change power curves, tricks to do, etc. Everything is just "put this on your car, this gives you xxx power, this sounds like a good combo because everything is name brand, etc.

+1

I've done a couple different builds but I don't really talk about em on here cause very few people will know what I'm saying or why. I'd buy something that's a proven quality product and someone will say, "get X Brand, it's awsome!" cause they've heard that on The F&F or some stupid place like that. This is a hard forum to describe. Not informational, has surges where people respond to threads like crazy, then hits another dry spell. It's been like that since my day 1 and still is and prolly always will be. Revamping it isn't going to do crap for it. It's beyond that but how to fix our problem is beyond me.

I'm still pretty new here so i don't know what it used to be like... i haven't done any rebuilds and or work at all for that matter... but i am graduating from school in less than 2 weeks and will have money to start doing all this stuff... i came here to get a heads up for when i get out and start rebuilding... i know a friend who owns his own shop and i have learned a lot from him already and hoping he will let me work there when i get out... if not i'll probly be in there anyways to use his tools to work on my car...

i love this site cuz everyone knows a lot and i like knowing the correct terms and having these little bits of knowledge around everywhere.

im going to be building a turbo once i get my first couple of paychecks. if i get the 400 this next month i'll start off with a garett or t3/t4 turbo and then wait a little bit and get the piping and internals..

brother tells me all i need to know and he knows everything needed to know about any honda ever. he lives in DC so i dont get to see him or work on my car with him much. and my dad hasnt ever built a turbo before so no help from him

and im only 16, 17 in november. i think i know more than people around here my age.

When you're ready, hit me up, I'll hook you up on all the parts, including sleeving. Avoid shops in Miami. If I haven't heard of them, they suck. I'd only send my head to RLZ or Rocket Motorsports.

Hell, I have a spare Y8 sitting here...

Sounds good. I'm getting to that point, and I always upgrade instead of replacing. btw, where you located?

SSR: i understand that not alot of people know how to build motors and tune their cars to perfection, but thats why they come here for advice bro, so they learn from what people have experienced, ive been a honda tech for about 3 1/2 years now and there are a couple things i still always ask questions about, but still bro, saying nobody knows their crap is a pretty loose term, but yea man not every ones a know it all....i mean im buildin my teg...and theres a couple things im stuck on so i gots to ask peoples....ya know :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
What are your plans?

Nothing wrong with that (other than the mis-information), but it is annoying to read for me and I dhate seeing piddly topics (what intake, vtec, etc.).

/rant

Just thought I'd bump this up because it's really starting to get to me too. There are only a handful of people on here anymore and no good topics. I'm by no means a master engine builder but I have done more than the average joe who has never actually done anything with a motor. And these stupid ass topics like, "Wheel Weight" and "where can I find parts for my honda" are getting old. I think I will be making one of these infamous dissapearances for awhile like everybody else.

well, i too like accordjdm am only 17, and i don't know everything ... but the reason i cam on here is because when i joined people were talking about interesting things ... now, every topic can be found by simply typing in two words in google ... i know i have only been here for a couple months, and im not one of the elite few who have thousands of posts ... purely just because of time .... i like HF though .. and b16, if you leave the forum will be pretty slow too

Archived