94 del Sol wont start

(Warning: I am not a mechnanic, I only know what works with my car)

If it is a carb engine and it is manual, it may be an issue with it being cold or an issue with the clutch- I know that even with 120 degree weather outside my lude' has to be warmed up if it has set for 6 hours. What I normally do if it has trouble starting (and you may have thought of this) is to put the clutch in (even if the car is in nuetral), put the foot to the floor once. Try to crank it over, if it won't, I put a teeeeeeny bit of gas on and then get it fired up, and rev up to about 1500 for a moment until the car picks up from running like "crap" to running like "not quite as bad as crap."

If neither of those issues affect you- I understand some vehicles have a kill switch and won't start unless a certain button or pedal is depressed- some vehicles it is as simple as putting the brake pedal down.

fixed it, we messed all night around changing stuff on distributer and then pulled the head and nothing was wrong with that, so we put it back on fixed the timing, and the distributer was 45 degrees off. so we got it 2 fire, thanks for trying to help though, appreciate it

Hopefully you could help me- where in the heck are those bleeding timing marks?! I can't find them to save my life! I have a Chiltons, and it shows a mechanical drawing of where they are- but they don't give a clear description of where they are other than the fact that they are behind the cylinders on the right side of the engine behind a rubber window cover.

Archived