jdm motors?

hey, im currently shopping for a 2g gsr. ive seen a few with the jdm type-R motors and im wondering if it would be smart to buy one with a type r motor or just get a one with a b18c1. what i mean is, are type r motors just junkyard motors from japan or are they good quality because i know most jdm 4g63 cyclone motors for DSM's are basically junkyard motors from japan. im basically looking for something thats going to be reliable and im not sure if buying a gsr with a b18c5 swap would be a good idea. could someone give me a little advice. oviously i would like to have a b18c5 but im just a little skeptical because i dont want a car thats going to give me problems. thanks a lot.

B18C5 would be just as reliable as a C1. Your biggest concern should be if a reputable shop did the swap. If an individual did the swap then you run a risk of them not doing everything correctly. Usually all of the JDM motors come with about 30,000 miles on them. To me, that's all that would matter. I could care less if it came from a Japanese junkyard if it was low mileage.

Archived