92 accord rotor replacement. HELP!

knoall

I am in the process of replacing the rotors and pads on my front brakes. I have gotten all of the rather dfficult parts done so far but am stuck. I have gotten the steering assembly appart as per Haynes manual, but i cannot for the life of me get the hub assembly to come off of the steering assembly. it seems like im missing something simple, or something is just plain wrong. The hub continues to rotate freely and without its 4 bolts I would expect it to just slike out but it does not. Is there some sort of bearing issue im missing?

Without this critical step, i cannot get the rotors free and switch them out. HELP! is there something im missing?! have followed the haynes to the letter.

I had the exact same problem with my 94 accord and we were getting pissed off with it. So I called one shop and they said they have to take a slide hammer to get it off and might cause damage to the bearing and they were going to charge $120 just for labor or they would charge $60 to resurface the rotors and that's what I did. If your rotors aren't resurfaceable then you might want to take it to the honda dealer because I also called them and they said you need a special tool that most mechanics don't have in their tool box. Hope this helps!

Archived