Accord- VS -Civic

nevr2lw

ohh, i guess i better mention the civic had ac removed, pwr steering, and i dont know what type of tires, but there nice. the h22 would have much more mileage, (the civic has 60,000)(h22 with 200k) and probably pwr steering and ac removed as well.

So pretty much, it would be close anyway? good match for both cars?

h22 would be close but it would depend on the driver.. both would need to shift perfectly and have great reaction time.

sure the accord's heavier, but it has much more torque and pull.

were both stripped and was the accord 2 or 4 door?

and these posts are banned. so says CivicracingGirl7

Sorry, I wasnt trying to sound like a noob or anything like that...belive me. i'm just trying to figure out the best motor i can drop into my accord. Where as the h22 will bolt up perfectly.. turboing wouldnt be that great, but can you really na h22 and make them run 10's without alot of money under the hood? where i got the - vs -civic, my friends run around 11's..all stock. so im just trying to "plan out" what could be done, and for what price. btw its a 4 door.

ohh i ment to add, i could get the v-tec h22 all dropped in, axels, tran., and ecu for almost 1k, maybey a little more with doing it all myself for a decent motor. so 100 for the car, 1100 for the swap. 1200 for a stock, 11 second car (great sleeper, car dosent look like much.)

sexy says it all right.. i'd say get a h22 tranny and keep f22 and boost it. f22 engine is a great engine to boost and has a great flow with boost. you'd get low 13s with a h22 boosted and internals and if you build the turbo yourself, you could get 5000 dollars and you'll stay with nicely modded b18 civics with the same crap as you.

thats what im working on.. im looking for a h22 tranny right now and i have exhaust and intake and cold sparks and i run 89 octane.

i beat all the civics with the same crap.

and getting low QM times depends mostly on the driver.

i can get tranny for 300.. i thought about getting one anyway (i bought the car they said tranny was gone, althought i think it mite be the clutch) i would like to stay away from turbos just because im not rich, and i have a truck payment. i wanted to go with h22 because 200 hp aginst 130 sure i could get the f22 up 2 200 for less than 1k..but wouldnt it be easier to drop in the h22 for the long run?

97accord, what qm are you getting with your car? (you have f22 as well right?)

and what is jrsc?

Sorry, I wasnt trying to sound like a noob or anything like that...belive me. i'm just trying to figure out the best motor i can drop into my accord. Where as the h22 will bolt up perfectly.. turboing wouldnt be that great, but can you really na h22 and make them run 10's without alot of money under the hood? where i got the - vs -civic, my friends run around 11's..all stock. so im just trying to "plan out" what could be done, and for what price. btw its a 4 door.

lmao at a "all stock" 4 door civic runnign 11's

and a h22 accord will neva do 10's

not to flame

but lets be realistic

this dude from around here has an h22 hatch....built turbo motor ran 11.1 @ 129mph

check it out http://www.trickengineering.com/customers/brandon_civ.htm

BTW..if you have the money..the f22 tranny would be your best choice..if you look at gear ratios and stuff...the h22motor with a f22 tranny..IMO

and the f22 tranny also gets better gas milage :-"

:laugh: JRSC means Jackson Racing Supercharger.

+1 hehe.

and also 91h22 is right. if you honestly think your going to hit 10's your dreaming. I'm telling you right now the fastest you will be for the least money is going to be drop in the h22, and put a supercharger on it, or build your f22 and put a turbo on it. other than that, you wont drop below 13s or 14's most likely w/out dropping like $8k

are we talking about 1/8th or 1/4 mile ?

i dont know too much about f22's.. would i be better off runnig a low budget f22, keeping it n.a. and then run a custom turbo setup later down the road with more money? or dropping in a h22 and build that up then supercharge it?

im trying to keep it a runner, keep the dirties on it with better tires.

well (junkyard parts, and decent motor) i can get the swap under 1500.

1/4 miles sounds like it..i was talking about 1/8th before though.

any good places to buy a built head for f22? or can h22dohc ..with little, work fit up on it?

Archived